Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Can someone identify this helmet and it's origin?

Article about: I believe this is an Adrian helmet, although I cannot be entirely sure. I bought it in France a while back, for just 20 euros. The metal clasps that hold the liner are only 3 in number, as o

?

Question Can someone identify this helmet and it's origin?

I believe this is an Adrian helmet, although I cannot be entirely sure.
    I bought it in France a while back, for just 20 euros. The metal clasps that hold the liner are only 3 in number, as one has been snapped off, and the helmet itself has been repainted extensively. Coats of paint are in this order: Original blue, black, field green. The badge is an infantry one, I believe, but is not normal as it is on a shield.
    Can anyone elaborate on this? Thanks! An estimated value would be splendid, by the way.
    Photographs below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapshot.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	549859
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapshot (1).jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	549860

Even with the black pics it looks like a French Adrian but much better pics are needed.
    Welcome to the forum.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Thanks, I'll try and take some better pictures tomorrow. It's rather dark here in England.

Glad to have you with us.
    With better pics you will find the answers you seek.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

You need better photos - welcome to the forum !
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

?

With the bomb badge on the front, it makes it a French Adrian helmet. Most likely WW2 use

looks like a French M26 civil defense helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snapshot.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	549956  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

French Adrian helmet.

Quote by Pearce View Post
    Thanks, I'll try and take some better pictures tomorrow. It's rather dark here in England.
    Welcome to the forum Pearce , as the others have said it is a French Adrian helmet of some description. A little tip I have learnt when in the English darkness is to turn on a light! Only joking!!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

WWII French Defence Passive – Civil Defence Army Helmet

the DP stands for Defense Passive

WWII French Defence Passive – Civil Defence Army Helmet | The Militaria Shop
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	french civil defense.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	550176