Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Can you identify this helmet?

Article about: Hi all, this is a piece I had from the very beginning of my militaria collection, when I was more or less buying a little bit of anything and everything, rather than focusing on certain area

Default Can you identify this helmet?

Hi all, this is a piece I had from the very beginning of my militaria collection, when I was more or less buying a little bit of anything and everything, rather than focusing on certain areas. It never occurred to me to find out exactly what it was at the time, I just liked it at face-value as a display piece and settled for knowing it was post-war. Could anyone please identify this and give any insight to its age and origin? I hope to sell it in order to make a little more room and money for my Third Reich and weaponry focus- though I could do with knowing what it is first! An approximate value would be great also, if possible.

Any help is appreciated as always. Apologies in advance for the quality of a couple of these photos, I've included all markings and features though. The fact that this helmet has two chin-straps is something I personally find interesting! The liner/inner-shell is shown separately also.

Thanks, Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can you identify this helmet?   Can you identify this helmet?  

Can you identify this helmet?   Can you identify this helmet?  

it's an Austrian M75 , the shell is dated 1980 and Manufactured by Heinrich Ulbrichts Witwe in 1980

the current value is around $30 - $35 in the USA , it's a common surplus helmet , the M75 was in use from 1975 - 2000's

Austria M1 - Brendon's Helmets

Mannie Gentile: Combat Helmets of the 20th Century: Austrian M.75 Steel Helmet

Thank you very much! I'll probably list it on ebay for £20 then, I figured it was worth about that. In the meantime, if anyone here is interested in buying it just let me know.

Mat

To read on Mannie´s site:

The nine-fingered suspension is stamped with the size as well as the wearer's name and branch of service, "Bundesheer" is the army, as opposed to "Bundeswehr" in Germany.

Actually there´s written:
    SCHEISS BUNDESHEER
    (that means: F..K THE BUNDESHEER)

Nice catch! I did not notice that! Haha

Mat