Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Article about: very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk

Default Re: Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Finally my first M16 helmet that's from the dark side, it has 3 layers of paint from which the first one on top is an eyesore! some amateur had painted a ss decal on the side like some damn little kid can't wait to clean that off, the inside is green can anyone tell me if that's the correct paint and colour? Rust rot had quite its way so there are some small holes, so how can I protect the inside of the helmet against more rust without losing the green paint that's inside? I really would like know that so any help with that would be really appreciated.

I repainted the adrian helmet but I got the feeling that the paint should be more mustard coloured or greyish blue? the liner holders that were inside the helmet had broken off so no liner can be replaced but I found a original RF helmet frontplate and put it back into its rightful place. So I think it still looks good for display between the others.

And a para spanisch M1 clone, don't see them very much for sale. So I guess its good to have one in the collection .

And also cleaned the Bulgaria helmet and uncovered the original first layer paint, planning to restore the decal again that used to be on the side of this helmet.

That's about it for the updates

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

The same stormtrooper M16 helmet but without the ugly paint , it was a painstaking process to clean it all off but there was thankfully the original green paint under the 2 layers of amateur of black paint. Most of the holes are restored too, I think its a great display piece now between the other helmets of mine. There's also a code inside the helmet, the first letter seems to be a M (not sure its hard to see) and then there's a 6 then a 2 or a Z. The code is hard to read let alone take a clear picture of it. Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail  

I also cleaned my WII turtle helmet, found a green painting right under its black paint layer, too bad that a part of its chinstrap is missing and also it does not have its original liner. But I did not realise since this was one of my first helmet that I start to collect at the very beginning. But it will do as a display piece, in the mean time until I find a complete one. Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail
    Here is a photo of all my turtle helmets, the black painted on top is from 1955 or 1953 (hard to read) most have seen the Korean war that time I guess.Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

nice collection.
    Morris

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11