Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Article about: very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk

Default Re: Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    Very nice and diverse collection. I particularly like the Swiss helmet design. It looks to me a combination of medieval and modern style. Of course, the DDR lid looks like Star Wars copied it. You need an Adrian helmet or two as well
    Adrian helmets will come sooner or later don't worry I update when they come here in this thread

Thanks for your opinion about my collection...

cheerszz

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    Very nice and diverse collection. I particularly like the Swiss helmet design. It looks to me a combination of medieval and modern style. Of course, the DDR lid looks like Star Wars copied it. You need an Adrian helmet or two as well
    UPDATE!

Talking about adrian helmets this is my adrian helmet I know it could be better than this but on the other hand its a nice restoration project...... right?

Cheerszzz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1355339729NPC120384.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	435069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1355339839NPC120385.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	435070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1355339897NPC120386.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	435071

Update!! My second Belgian MKII helmet has come, its really in a good shape. This one differers in color decal and liner too from the Belgian MK II that I already had before... (with the darker color olive green) as you can see on the photo's ...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1355341216NPC120391.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	435100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1355341281NPC120394.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	435101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1355340446NPC120387.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	435102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1355341086NPC120389.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	435103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1355341159NPC120390.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	435104

nice addition and looks the part with the net on ,i notice yours have what look like waterslide decals ,my example looks to be handpainted great pairing hellschickie

Quote by col james View Post
    nice addition and looks the part with the net on ,i notice yours have what look like waterslide decals ,my example looks to be handpainted great pairing hellschickie
    Thanks

With the net is painted the other MK II is a water slide decal, but its no shame thats original (or am I wrong?) I have seen more belgian MKII with that kind decals so I assume thats the way they were made for the army.

Cheerszzz

Update!!

The first type DDR helmet, I think I can be proud at the one because they are getting harder to find. The only DDR helmet thats better than this one is one with a original decal of Germany on the lid. 20 euro's (with posting) and not a cent more I think its a great deal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16ZHJGYE9noojc(oBQtRb6T2dw~~60_85.JPG 
Views:	725 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	435154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqF,!oEFCutlTIv9BQtRcJU4hg~~60_85.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	435155

More photo's will come once the helmet is in my hands

very nice m56 HC and with the earlier liner very nice ,i was inspired by the picture of your netted belgium m49 on so i decided to fit a spare net on mine ,im very pleased with the result so thanks

Quote by hellschickie View Post
    Heel erg bedankt Emile dit geeft wat meer licht op de zaak betreft deze helm die ik nu heb.

This gives me a good impression of the background of this type of helmet, I kinda worried that it wasn't original because of difference's of the years, but now I know that VDN did not make liners it all makes more sense to me.

Do you know what kind of missions it was involved in the past, I am also curious of its history whats its been true..

Oh and yes I also notice a slight difference in shape with my other M1 clones your right

Cheerzzz
    This helmet has probably been used in Bosnia and maybe in Cambodia with the Marines. In Bosnia these helmets rapidly replaced by Schubert helmets.

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    This helmet has probably been used in Bosnia and maybe in Cambodia with the Marines. In Bosnia these helmets rapidly replaced by Schubert helmets.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Thank you, then I imagine that this helmet had seen quite some action, good to know. Schubert helmets? you mean like the photo? Even though the helmet is better I just don't get that good vibe what I have with the old steel helmets so I don't collect those... seems that they also make helmets for motorcycles Schubert Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOSHA.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	435228

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice m56 HC and with the earlier liner very nice ,i was inspired by the picture of your netted belgium m49 on so i decided to fit a spare net on mine ,im very pleased with the result so thanks
    Thanks I was looking for this early ddr Helmet, I hope that the seller sent it soon I can't wait.

Your welcome

Yes it does look good my net is original although I tugged the net under the lid for now, I like to see my steel helmets just the way they are next to my other lids. If I get a helmet cover I keep it with it because it belongs to the helmet but still I tug it under the lid though

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast