MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Article about: very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk

Default Re: Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Quote by col james View Post
    hi HC im really fond of the b826 gefechtshelm the referance picture you provided is the danish version its got to be the best of all the modern composite helmets heres my bundeswehr example and i hope it changes your view of this great lid but of course this is just my opinion regards james Attachment 436292Attachment 436291Attachment 436293
    Well you're right, but it would be in future then. But I first collect the steel helmets, they are the ones beginning to get rare.

Time for some updates matesClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail Coming soon to my collection So more photo's will follow ..

Without a the bird upfront, but I can't! lay my finger on the decal whats in its place...should I keep it or remove it? Please don't keep it to yourself if you know more.
    Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

I am sure that this turtle helmet is the best to wear of all the steel helmets, nice and soft on the head.Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Love the crest upfront of this lid, is this helmet only used in civil defense or also in the army itself? did it seen some war action? Oh and yes old leather loves leather cream and it makes a nice pair tooClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

The first type DDR helmet And I also putt it next to the last type again they make a nice pair The name of the old owner still in the liner Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail..

some superb updated pictures HC ,you dont do things by halves do you ,i thought im nuts about helmets ,i think you win hands down ,right some great additions i notice the belgium m49 has a leather chinstrap not seen this type before , is the us m1 heatstamped at all it might be a vintage shell look near the front underside you will need good eyesight in the right lighting conditions ,the grey polish m67 is in great shape and bears the letters MO for milcja obywatelska (national military) and has the military eagle device stencilled , i would leave the decal on the spanish m26 for now its not doing any harm and more research might reveal its true purpose it was put there for a reason so do your homework and im glad you purchased it in the end internally i can see the difference in the paint inside the liner this is the original pre war 2 paint colour ,i agree on the british mk5 turtle being comfy ,i also like the fact you are trying them on your head i also do this within reason depending on the condition etc but dont tell anybody sssh , i very much like the early ww2 period swedish m21/18 the sheil decals were added during the 2nd world war the metal sheild on the front is the swedish emblem of the 3 crowns i know its definately ww2 period because of the raised comb not to be confused with the japanese type 90 even the liner is similar treasure this one ,very nice desirable first pattern m56 another great purchase the latter versions have more of a flat dome and turned upsidedown dont roll over ,so some great lids to your ever growing collection keep up the good work hchickie

?

"i also like the fact you are trying them on your head i also do this within reason depending on the condition etc but dont tell anybody sssh"
    No need to SSSSHHH....Don't we all do it at one time or an other Skipper????? Be it when everybody's in bed or when we have had just a little bit of Brew and want to feel what they felt. I always have to wear the helmet when I take my baby's out of the gun safe. You just have to see what the sight picture was like back then!!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    "i also like the fact you are trying them on your head i also do this within reason depending on the condition etc but dont tell anybody sssh"
    No need to SSSSHHH....Don't we all do it at one time or an other Skipper????? Be it when everybody's in bed or when we have had just a little bit of Brew and want to feel what they felt. I always have to wear the helmet when I take my baby's out of the gun safe. You just have to see what the sight picture was like back then!!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    I wouldnt mind wearing my Russian Ssh68 or Ssh40 while at the range firing my Russian SKS / AK just for fun to experience what a Russian soldier see's and feels while wearing the helmet

maybe if I had my own private target range or private land

?

You will get some funny looks. I have done it myself when we had a military rifle/MG shoot out here and a bought along my 91/30 Mosin, my '43 Garand, my type99 Arisaka, a ce 43 K98 & Kar 98a, a Swiss K31 and the commission 88 and then put on the correct helmet when I shot each one. The best was when I put on the M1895 Baden Picklehaube to shoot the commission 88!!!!. Yes I did get some looks and a sore shoulder that day. But I sure got a lot of attention and interest in them all!!!!
    It was a GREAT DAY!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 12-24-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast