Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Article about: very nice collection hells chickie if the bulgarian m51 is white it might be a military police issue but has lost its insignia i like your belgium m49 they are a close copy of the british mk

Default Re: Close up from my steel helmet collection in detail

Also coming soon another low budget helmet, seems like not a very popular helmet by collectors I got the idea. The dutch helmet model 53, yea I got 2 of them but those are green painted this one is a blue one so thats why I bought it, now I got a Air Force M53 helmet soon Close up from my steel helmet collection in detailClose up from my steel helmet collection in detail

all the best to you HC its been a nice year seeing your collection grow ,i hope we see more next year

Haha thanks James don't worry the steel helmet bug had infected me and theres no cure for that, I hope for more too next year. And maybe someday I have a massive collection just like you James

great stuff HC to be honest i dont own that many i had a head count the other day and im just over 60 lids ,im small fry compared to some members on here cheers james

Quote by col james View Post
    great stuff HC to be honest i dont own that many i had a head count the other day and im just over 60 lids ,im small fry compared to some members on here cheers james
    Thanks James

Oh I am sure of that there's always big over big, but I think we can be proud at our lids and 60 is much I think I am at just over 30 by now.

Cheerszz

hi hellschickie, something I learned from many years of collecting, sometimes it's better to save your money for the more uncommon helmets or focus on quality more than quantity, because helmets take up lots of space in a short time if you get out of control, Im much more selective now in my collecting and try not to buy too many of the same helmets if I already have a few nice examples

Quote by battle gear View Post
    hi hellschickie, something I learned from many years of collecting, sometimes it's better to save your money for the more uncommon helmets or focus on quality more than quantity, because helmets take up lots of space in a short time if you get out of control, Im much more selective now in my collecting and try not to buy too many of the same helmets if I already have a few nice examples
    I totally agree BG but the only two helmets that are the same in my collection are two green standard 53 Dutch 1M clones (that I bought for a nickel and a dime on a market when I decided that I like these helmets and try to collect them) I only bought this one because it was blue thats why (look nice next to the green one). The other liner ...well, no one seems to know where or what it came from and its a liner that I don't have in the collection and if I buy that liner I wont bleed to death financially either. And if I don't got space for my helmets I make damn space haha...

But yes you're right after this I do my best to save up the money for the more unique helmets that might pass me by..

Greetszzz

?

HC, the yellow helmet is a post WWWII Norwegian Civi Defence helmet, they used many different surplus helmets. This one is a South African made MkII Brodie (the 3 holes on the back were for connecting a neck shade and indicate the SA manufacture) The liner is a copy of the British 'Zuckerman' civil defence helmet.

Here is a sobering link to the number of Norwegian helmets there are...
    Norwegian helmets

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    HC, the yellow helmet is a post WWWII Norwegian Civi Defence helmet, they used many different surplus helmets. This one is a South African made MkII Brodie (the 3 holes on the back were for connecting a neck shade and indicate the SA manufacture) The liner is a copy of the British 'Zuckerman' civil defence helmet.

Here is a sobering link to the number of Norwegian helmets there are...
    Norwegian helmets
    Many thanks for the link and info TinHat very interesting, thanks to you I now know another site for reference about steelhelmets. The matshelmets I am very happy with that, and I am also happy with the Norwegian Civi Defence helmet but somewhere I knew this was a right helmet to buy.

battle gear i totally agree with you ,thats good sound advice when collecting world steel helmets ,i just wished i could adhere to it ,my problem came when i thought id have an example of a bundeswehr m1 ,untill i realised there were 4 or 5 different variations of course once i started i had to finish ,european m1 clones is another minefield ,im sure to have every example of world steel helmet could fill a small warehouse ,but in a domestic dwelling it becomes difficult unless you have them dumped in every room ,which is probably ok if your single ,but then houseguests just think you've got an OCD

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast