Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

czech?

Article about: hello Gent's, i hope you can tell me just a little about this helmet. i think it's czech, no idea on age, and why the Y shape chin strap. some idea of value would be nice because i'd like to

?

Default czech?

hello Gent's,
    i hope you can tell me just a little about this helmet. i think it's czech, no idea on age, and why the Y shape chin strap. some idea of value would be nice because i'd like to donate it to the forum and have no clue what to ask for it. i thought about trying an auction type sale on a couple of small things, to donate the procedes to the forum. but what ever works. i'd still like to donate it. but need to know how to describe it. and is there a place on the forum set up for donation sales? so the buyer knows where to send the funds ? just a thought.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture czech?   czech?  

czech?  

Default Re: czech?

yes, you are correct, its a Czech helmet or Vz53 second model with the leather Y strap for better stability, this helmet would date back to the 1970's

current retail value is around $20 - $25

it's a common cold war era surplus helmet

?

Default Re: czech?

thank you very much, i forgot to add, if any one wants it for a 25 dollar donation to the forum let me know.
    andrew