Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Czech Republic Vz53/80

Article about: Hi Guys. Not sure why this example has been over painted with a sand coloured paint,but is an interesting example I guess, over the plain and original satin green green examples.

?

Default Re: Czech Republic Vz53/80

Many thanks for all your ideas and input on this subject fella's, In an Osprey ( and backed up by the superb ref from Tinhat) it mentions that the Egyptian forces were issued around 1989 a new desert pattern uniform and helmet cover, the cover was designed to fit the Russian issued Ssh-68 helmet, very much the same shape helmet as the Czech model, could be a coincidence but it makes perfect sense to me,that the Czech forces would have got hold of some Egyptian covers and customised them !!

I totally agree with you all on the "hand drawn" look of the Czech covers in the ref pic. Looks like the Czech troops got crazy with a sharpie!

I guess the other theory could be the covers are the Czech hood's used as covers , and maybe bleached and hand drawn camo applied in the field ( or sandpit!) I would be keen to find out.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate your input and opinions !

Regards

Opex.

the cover on the Egyptian soldier's helmet on the right almost looks like a French desert camo cover? as used on the F1
    Attached Images Attached Images Czech Republic Vz53/80 

Battlefield footage from the Iran Iraq War , the soldier firing his AK is an Iranian fighting the Iraqis, he's wearing some type of steel helmet? possible an M1 style with desert tan paint.

the soldiers in the group photo riding into battle are Iraqi Forces, they appear to be wearing Soviet bloc steel helmets, could be Czech, Polish, Russian or others like the M80 composite helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech Republic Vz53/80   Czech Republic Vz53/80  

?

Hello everyone, I am from Czech Republic and I have some friends who could help you, I will ask and then tell the result here.
    Regards Daniel

?

Excellent reference pictures as ever BG, curious camoed helmet,I wonder what it is?

?

daniel, it would be very much appreciated, if you could shed any light on the mystery Czech covers.

Many thanks, and I look forward to reading about any information you can gather.

Quote by col james View Post
    im glad im not the only one to think these are hand drawn ,i also agree the outline was done with black marker pen ,as crude as it sounds its the only possible theory ,the guy with the googles at the back of the group looks to be wearing a cover made from a jacket hood ,it looks to be the same colour as the clothing very much how opex has dressed his vz 53
    The more i look at the helmet covers in question the more i think you guys are right, the covers do look as if the camo is hand done as it looks very random!...

?

Hey guys, sorry I'm late, but I have some information-
    In 1990, CSA did not desert camouflage.
    These helmet covers are hand-colored.
    different color compared to the uniform is caused by the sun or deliberate washing.
    regard Daniel

Quote by Opex View Post
    Excellent reference pictures as ever BG, curious camoed helmet,I wonder what it is?
    it looks like some type of eastern european helmet like a Polish M50? with lots of dried mud smeared on for camo

or possibly a Iraqi M80 fiber type helmet made in South Korea?

daniel ,many thanks for you reply ,it confirms my thoughts and other members on here as these being hand made ,im sure opex will also be very interested in this breakthrough on the covers ,thanks again james

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast