Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Czech Republic Vz53/80

Article about: Hi Guys. Not sure why this example has been over painted with a sand coloured paint,but is an interesting example I guess, over the plain and original satin green green examples.

?

Default Re: Czech Republic Vz53/80

Quote by lupus View Post
    Hey guys, sorry I'm late, but I have some information-
    In 1990, CSA did not desert camouflage.
    These helmet covers are hand-colored.
    different color compared to the uniform is caused by the sun or deliberate washing.
    regard Daniel

Many thanks for the information Daniel, it's good to get other theories on these things,most appreciated.

Opex

It resembles the Czechoslovakian Vz 60 mlok pattern camouflage. Well. Just a tiny bit, enough to make me remember it. (guy on the far right)
    But it looks very home-made / theatre made. Especially the guy in the middle (third one from the left)

Also developed in 1985 but never adopted into Czechoslovakian service was the Vz 85 two-colour desert pattern. The brown sections of the desert pattern correspond to the brown parts of the vz 85 leaf pattern. Early versions of the desert pattern have a slightly different coloration to that eventually adopted, and the style of uniform also was also different. This became the standard desert pattern of the Czech Republic Armed Forces, and has been worn by Czech military personnel operating in desert regions since 1991.
    Czech Republic - Camopedia
    Πόλεμος πάντων μεν πατήρ εστί, πάντων δε βασιλεύς.

?

Czech camouflage pattern salamander.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hi opex ,i recently found this other referance picture of the czech unit in the gulf ,it shows the camo cover and the od cover in use Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boro.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	620403

?

Quote by James C View Post
    hi opex ,i recently found this other referance picture of the czech unit in the gulf ,it shows the camo cover and the od cover in use Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boro.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	620403

Hi James, many thanks for sharing this reference picture mate, it is full of detail, it is interesting to see the last guy wearing the VZ53/80 with the olive coloured cover, and of course the mysterious camo effect cover's, which in this picture are clearly all unique and not a standard camo pattern.

Do you know unit these soldiers represent?

its a pleasure opex ,ive found this one lurking in my saved pictures ,but cant for the life of me find the link to the site i got it from ,usual storybut im sure there must be other pictures out there on this chemical unit ,i think it was a dedicated czech website ,if i find it ill let you know ,

superb links lupus ,thanks very much for all your help ,i think the link i looked at originally and the referance picture i recently showed on my last post was from the Pouštní bouře one

?

Excellent source of information Lupus,many thanks for sharing

- - ------- - -

Quote by James C View Post
    its a pleasure opex ,ive found this one lurking in my saved pictures ,but cant for the life of me find the link to the site i got it from ,usual storybut im sure there must be other pictures out there on this chemical unit ,i think it was a dedicated czech website ,if i find it ill let you know ,
    Thanks James and Lupus

?

Here is a Vz-53 from my collection with Jehlicí pattern hood,the helmet is dated 1953 and as can be seen from the pictures is in excellent condition

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	238.2 KB 
ID:	723149

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	723150

Name:	003.jpg