Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Czechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with history

Article about: Hi, I just picked up this vz.29 helmet that had some history. The interior has the Luftschutz blue finish and traces of post-war green. The exterior light blue/grey almost silver finish, whi

Default Czechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with history

Hi,

I just picked up this vz.29 helmet that had some history. The interior has the Luftschutz blue finish and traces of post-war green. The exterior light blue/grey almost silver finish, which almost looks like camo. The front is ink stamped PH and rear with 36. 11 is stamped into the rear of shell.

Any ideas of the meaning of PH ?

Thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with history   Czechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with history  

Czechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with history   Czechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with history  

Czechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with history  

well done meyle on a real nice find ,im sorry but i have no idea on the stencil but had to congratulate you mate
    Regards James

Thanks !

?

meyle, I have never seen an actual example of this model on the surplus market, so I am grateful for you posting it up, it has given me a good reason to research Czech Helmets in more detail. I have checked out examples on a French based forum I am member of and other than these models being used by the Spanish at one point, no clues regarding the PH??
    Regards Opex

Thanks. From my research vz.29 is the more common than the similar vz.30. It was used by the Czechoslovak army (briefly), CD and possibly firefighters followed by being reissued to Luftschutz and then back into Czechoslovak service - CD and firefighters (volunteer). You can find them quite often on ebay, but most appear to be "luftschutz" remakes or post-war repaints.

i like the salt shaker airvents very much like the german civil helms
    Regards James

Thanks and I was told on the GHW that PERHAPS "PH" stands for "Požární hlídka" = fire watch

Czechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with historyCzechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with historyCzechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with historyCzechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with historyCzechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with historyCzechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with historyCzechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with historyCzechoslovak vz.29 Helmet with history

Hi, mates !

Want to show you images of an czechoslovakian vz.29 lid.

Is there any chance, that this pot is a legit Bahnschutz helmet ?

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Your helmet looks ok, although I am always sceptical with anything coming from Czech Rep.
    They have the helmets and make killer decals so...