Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Czechoslovakian Vz. 32-34... With a twist.

Article about: I've had this helmet laying around for some time, and thought it was about time it made an appearance. It is a standard Czechoslovakian Vz. 32-34 (as far as I am aware), but with a twist. Du

Default Czechoslovakian Vz. 32-34... With a twist.

I've had this helmet laying around for some time, and thought it was about time it made an appearance.
    It is a standard Czechoslovakian Vz. 32-34 (as far as I am aware), but with a twist.

During the war, after the annexation by Germany, there was a large number of helmets (and other equipment) left unused.
    The Germans utilized the helmets for luftschutz and similar organisations, but a small number of helmets found their way to occupied Denmark, where they were used by the DSB (Danish State Railways) as anti-sabotage helmets.

They were repainted, and a small DSB ID-disc was added.

(If anyone is interested, the gas mask canister (with mask in it) the helmet rests on, is a Czechoslovakian FM3d gas mask, used in Denmark as the "Arbejdsmaske Model F 1940" by the Danish version of the ARP - "Statens Civilie Luftværn")

I normally only collect military items, but I could not resist this helmets.

Default Re: Czechoslovakian Vz. 32-34... With a twist.

very nice 37w ,this style of helmet always looks quite uniform in shape , i can understand why thousands of these helmets were reused by the germans after the occupation of czechoslovakia ,thanks for sharing
    Regards James

Default Re: Czechoslovakian Vz. 32-34... With a twist.

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice 37w ,this style of helmet always looks quite uniform in shape , i can understand why thousands of these helmets were reused by the germans after the occupation of czechoslovakia ,thanks for sharing
    Well, they just utilized already existing stocks, and the best about them were, that they are impossible to mistake for one of the helmets worn by the occupational forces. (Well apart from the paratrooper helmet perhaps?). It is actually a well made, good all-round helmet, that I find offer good protection.

Very good helmet!