Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Danish helmet

Article about: by Jack The question that always arises with these civil defense helmets is whether the underlying shell is pre-war or WWII as opposed to post-war. It is usually obvious that the liner is fa

?

Default Danish helmet

this is my danish helmet .inside got the GLUD&MARSTRANDS FABRIKER anr number 81779. is from ww2 this helmet ? regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish helmet   Danish helmet  

Default re: Danish helmet

Hi Adrian, here is a very good site with info on your Danish M23/40 helmet. The site is written in Spanish, so I have included a link which translates it into English:

Google Translate

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Adrian,
    You have some nice helmets in your collection, i have read the post Ade put on for you and it is interesting. But i must say that the danish helmet compared to some others is very ugly, IMO.
    Dave.

It was used by the Civil Defense in Denmark post WW2. - I have a couple of these my self

?

thanks.

?

nordland/danmark that helmet is from your country , , ,

Yes I know mate
    the helmet you got is in very nice shape, but the design is not my favorite
    It was not my intention to insult you, so I hope you don't take it that way

Yes let's all say this is the most ugly helmet. That leaves more for the people who respect the nice somewhat medieval type design.

?

Default Re: Danish helmet

The question that always arises with these civil defense helmets is whether the underlying shell is pre-war or WWII as opposed to post-war. It is usually obvious that the liner is fairly new and stamped for civil defense. I have a similar M23 (very heavy, so not an M41). It has "CF-KVN" painted on the front. I discovered a metal liner stamp similar to the above. I actually emailed the Danish company (whose name has since changed). They simply replied that it is a part number, and they did not elucidate as to its age.

Default Re: Danish helmet

it almost looks like a naval talker's helmet designed to be worn over ear phones, doesnt seem like a practical design for a regular infantryman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast