Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Denmark clone

Article about: Just to share what was one of the best Helmet's i picked up at this years war and peace ,been after an example of the danish M1 for many a year and this one ticked all the boxes ,hope you li

Picked out the liners that are complete James. Took some closer more detailed pics for you. Liner number 1 has the green webbing liner strap and seems to have had netting pressed up against it at some time and also has a 2 star sticker a little Red Cross and a white label on the rear. Liner 2 has the green webbing liner strap but very little to no wear on it. Liner 3 has the leather liner chin strap and in used condition with the users name IVERSEN. Liner 4 has the leather liner chin strap in used condition with the users name ESKELAND. Some of the nape straps have different makers marks, the A washers are different in each liner some appear to be brass others steel. No makers marks on the liners but black ink lettering on the webbing suspension hard to make out. The guy I got them off was going to bin them so I took them off his hands. If anyone else apart from James is looking for one of these liners just message me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denmark clone   Denmark clone  

Denmark clone   Denmark clone  

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    Picked out the liners that are complete James. Took some closer more detailed pics for you. Liner number 1 has the green webbing liner strap and seems to have had netting pressed up against it at some time and also has a 2 star sticker a little Red Cross and a white label on the rear. Liner 2 has the green webbing liner strap but very little to no wear on it. Liner 3 has the leather liner chin strap and in used condition with the users name IVERSEN. Liner 4 has the leather liner chin strap in used condition with the users name ESKELAND. Some of the nape straps have different makers marks, the A washers are different in each liner some appear to be brass others steel. No makers marks on the liners but black ink lettering on the webbing suspension hard to make out. The guy I got them off was going to bin them so I took them off his hands. If anyone else apart from James is looking for one of these liners just message me
    Very nice!

I have far to many at the moment, but great you saved them from the bin!
    The leather chinstrap is not often found.

Hopefully you are able to sell them, and give them good homes

I'm really pleased to exchange ( rip out )the CF liner for this Dansk Kunstoff Industrie army liner which was kindly gifted by our good forum friend Redstalker chuffed to bits with the results but i must apologise for the poor pictures ,darn i hate the long winter nights
    I owe you big time matey Denmark cloneDenmark cloneDenmark cloneDenmark cloneDenmark cloneDenmark clone

That looks the part now James and to think the guy I was buying the M1 collection from was going to bin these danish liners

I know It's a crazy world Ian ,ones mans junk and all but seriously thank you for keeping me in mind ,it is appreciated

Very nice!

It warms my heart to see an army liner back in the shell.
    And sadly, these years a surprising amount of the DKI liners are binned.

About six months ago, I witnessed perhaps 50+ DKI liners in various states of decay being unloaded at the local recycling station.
    It is alas illegal to salvage anything from recycling stations in Denmark (as a normal citizen), and they are now lost to the ages.

They may be cheap still, but they are disappearing at a steady rate as well.

Thanks 37 webbing for your valuble insight and knowledge here one of the joys of the forum is seeing first hand how friends help each other out whether it be sound advice or a kind gesture such as the one Ian made
    Really pleased to see this helmet as close to original specification again and on display

Quote by James C View Post
    Thanks 37 webbing for your valuble insight and knowledge here one of the joys of the forum is seeing first hand how friends help each other out whether it be sound advice or a kind gesture such as the one Ian made
    Really pleased to see this helmet as close to original specification again and on display
    I am really just trying to do my bit
    I am equally taken by the amount of interest the seemingly humble Danish Euro-clones have been able to amass in the past couple of years. However, we still need to do the "sticky post" we (I believe it was you and I?) talked about some time ago. A continuous thread, where we gather all available information together with good clear reference photos of standard helmets. Then we could deviate into different more local variants. But I still need to go through a lot of archival material, and time is a commodity I severely lack at the moment.

Well, I will get around to it one day - I hope

Thanks 37 webbing ,yes i think i can recall we did discuss a dedicated thread for the the danish m1 and maybe euro clones in general ,lets see if we can make it happen soon
    Best regards James

I certainly support the idea of dedicated threads. Going further, I really *really* like the idea of subfolders for the most frequently discussed countries, even if specific folders for each helmet type might be too much reorganisation work. I should say that I would be more than happy to work on this project if it could be arranged. How does one go about getting permission to establish a folder tree and move threads?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast