Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Desert Storm Helmet

Article about: Hello, Besides the obvious Chocolate chip pattern I had trouble dating this kevlar helmet. I pick it up at a flea market for around 70 USD (I hope I didnt over pay). Anyways with the USMC st

?

Default Desert Storm Helmet

Hello,
    Besides the obvious Chocolate chip pattern I had trouble dating this kevlar helmet. I pick it up at a flea market for around 70 USD (I hope I didnt over pay). Anyways with the USMC stamp on the front, I really liked the helmet.

I tried looking on the inner ear of the helmet looking for a company name and or date, but I havnt seen anything. In the middle I have found a 96/95 and an M-2 mark.
    Is this correct? Did I over pay? Any idea of what I actually found?

Due to the file size of the pictures, you can find the pictures here;

Desert Storm Kevlar | Helmet Collectables

I dont mean to 'spam'.

Thanks for those who know!

?

You should really post some pictures incase the link goes dead in the future.

The 95 96 mark in the crown indicates manufacture in 1995/1996. The M2 indicates medium size. The large green pad at the rear makes it a parachutists model. The helmet should be maker marked/stamped under this pad. The good thing about these helmets is you can deconstruct just about every part and they all should be maker/date marked if you know what to look for. I personally haven't seen a marine cover before but if its legit it should be stamped with maker, date, size and NSN number on the reverse side. As to price, I think these are dirt cheap in the states but if you bought it in Australia $70 is a steal.

Alex

?

Quote by Alex W View Post
    You should really post some pictures incase the link goes dead in the future.

The 95 96 mark in the crown indicates manufacture in 1995/1996. The M2 indicates medium size. The large green pad at the rear makes it a parachutists model. The helmet should be maker marked/stamped under this pad. The good thing about these helmets is you can deconstruct just about every part and they all should be maker/date marked if you know what to look for. I personally haven't seen a marine cover before but if its legit it should be stamped with maker, date, size and NSN number on the reverse side. As to price, I think these are dirt cheap in the states but if you bought it in Australia $70 is a steal.

Alex
    Alex you beat me to the punch... And good advice for all members !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Wow thats just what I wanted to know! Thank you for the information. Its always appreciated!

i think alex has answered all your questions wperez ,your pasgt is the standard model but has had the parachutist modification added which really is two simple parts ,a rear impact pad and one retention strap bolted through the center making two side sections turning what would normally be a two point chinstrap into a three point ,ive always been led to believe the 95/96 is the date the contract was issued so in effect this helmet could be made anything up to 10 years after this date ,nice helmet and thanks for sharing but please try and add the pictures direct to your thread ,im always reluctant to click onto links ,cheers james

You can easily resize pictures with fastimageresizer.
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-04-2015 at 03:56 AM.

Look dude...if you're going to use the info we provide to sell on Ebay that's one thing.
    Desert Storm Parachutist Military Helmet PASGT Unique USMC Chocolate Chip Cover | eBay

But when you start ripping off the awesome website World-War-Helmets.com, I'm pretty sure I speak for the whole community when I say, stop it. Those guys work really hard on that website. Stop ripping it off. Stop branding their webpages you rip off with your own website name. If you want to us the info, fine, they put it out there. But you don't get to plagiarize their hard work. Like this:
    Desert Storm Dated 1998 PASGT Army Helmet Bring Back | eBay

And this. Hey, genius,you even copied the wrong page!
    Original German Bundeswehr M62 Military Helmet Urban and Winter Camo | eBay

I can't express the absolute scorn I've got for you about this. You have NO EXCUSE to be copying their pages except laziness. Be assured I have already contacted the owners of WWH about this and you can be sure they will get in touch with Ebay. Ebay takes a really, really dim view of copyright violations.

Well, this is a bit of a thing isn't it. Extremely poor behaviour by this 'wperez' character. Lack of respect for the work of others, which he then parasites upon. There's always something rather irritating about people who pop up here asking for information when it is obvious they are doing so only to sell their stuff on Ebay, but this is a step further on. Dreadful behaviour.

Years ago when I first put up a helmet website I had some problems with people using images from it to illustrate their own sales. That was bad enough because self-evidently it *wasn't* a pic of the helmet they actually had for sale. But 'wperez' has gone several steps further and too far.

I will not be including his 'helmetcollectables' website when I revise my online list of helmet-related webpages.

And what exactly does he mean by this? - Acknowledgements | Helmet Collectables

Oh dear "wot a plonka".....................

Seems like wperez has been working hard and managed to completely copy the world war helmets website with one silly reference as footnote.
    Despite my previous remarks about these activities.
    Shame on you Sir.

Desert Storm Helmet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast