Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Dutch m34 helmet

Article about: I have loaded some images of a Dutch M34 helmet which I bought in Canada in 1980. The internal colour is green but it has been painted blue covering decals found on either side of the helmet

?

Default Dutch m34 helmet

Dutch m34 helmetDutch m34 helmetDutch m34 helmetDutch m34 helmetI have loaded some images of a Dutch M34 helmet which I bought in Canada in 1980. The internal colour is green but it has been painted blue covering decals found on either side of the helmet.The two top photos refer to the covered decals. If I had to remove the paint covering the decals, how would I do it? It would be interesting to know what the decals are, are they Dutch or other. It would be very interesting to know. Look forward to hear from anybody. Thank you in anticipation.

look to be probably be TENO decals. As to stripping the paint back to expose them, many would think that was bad form, an act known as digging out.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I agree with Jerry B. As the decals are both squares It most likely is Technische Nothilfe, TeNo, meaning Technical Emergency Service. A collaborating organisation during the occupation of the Netherlands. Have a look at this site: Technische Noodhulp (TN)

Cheers, Emile

The grenade on the front is the emblem of the postwar Rijkspolitie (Rural Police / State Police as opposed to Municipal Police) Helmen gebruikt door de Korps Rijkspolitie / Helmets used by the Korps Rijkspolitie
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 02-06-2019 at 07:51 PM.

?

Thank you for your information. It is of great help. I have been collecting helmets for over 50 years and it was only last year that I decided to study or research the helmets that I have got. It is nice that there are people out there like you that can help.