Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

East German NVA M56 helmets

Article about: Hi guys here I have a first pattern M56 East German helmet. The M56 was produced by Eisen und Hütte AG and the liners by VEB Sattler und Taucha Lederwarenfabrik. The design was originally a

I believe these to be an interim variation modifying existing shells to accept the new liner quickly followed by the later spot welded stud types which would likely provide greater ballistic integrity as drilling holes in a shell compromises the strength of the steel at molecular level (apparently )

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Just when i thought i had collected them all another variation comes along East German NVA M56 helmets

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    ALEMANIA 66
    Here is the only reference I could find for this M56 variant
    Nice helmet! Here are more information about these helmets. You can see also the variant with 9 rivets and 6 rivets & 3 holes.

Weiterentwicklungen des Stahlhelms M56
    >> Neuigkeiten
    - Stahlhelmsammlung

Kind regards
    Basti

Just throwing this in here but would anybody else agree the Military Police Helmet cover should be fitted this way ..Or Maybe Not,not certain without checking referance pictures but it makes more sense in this configurationEast German NVA M56 helmetsEast German NVA M56 helmets
    Regards James

Hello James,

nice cover. You can also find a painted version of the "Regulierer" motorcycle helmet.

Here is a period pictures:

Kind regards
    Basti

Quote by James C View Post
    Just throwing this in here but would anybody else agree the Military Police Helmet cover should be fitted this way ..Or Maybe Not,not certain without checking referance pictures but it makes more sense in this configurationEast German NVA M56 helmetsEast German NVA M56 helmets
    Hi James,

No definitely not. The seam of the cover runs front to back with the state emblem front and centre. I'm on my phone so can't put up a pic but there are loads out there. I think you should see it on the magazine cover on post #45

Regards
    Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Many thanks for clearing up my query Basti and Mark
    Regards James

You know you are having a bad day when....

Well, in my case when you get a Stricharn cover for your modell 56 and the dog then attacks it!!

Now possess one slightly "chewed" Strichtarn with a holed mosquito veil ....

I hate it when that happens!

PM sent

Mark

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    You know you are having a bad day when....

Well, in my case when you get a Stricharn cover for your modell 56 and the dog then attacks it!!

Now possess one slightly "chewed" Strichtarn with a holed mosquito veil ....
    Serves you right for having a dog which is trained to attack anything East German!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast