Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Falklands m1 ebay.!!!

Article about: So guys please educate me are these Falkland argentinian helmets really going for the sum of £437.!my mind boggles especially as these are 35 years young.cheers in advance.

Default Falklands m1 ebay.!!!

So guys please educate me are these Falkland argentinian helmets really going for the sum of £437.!my mind boggles especially as these are 35 years young.cheers in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Falklands m1 ebay.!!!   Falklands m1 ebay.!!!  

Falklands m1 ebay.!!!   Falklands m1 ebay.!!!  

Falklands m1 ebay.!!!   Falklands m1 ebay.!!!  

Hi Jake, that does sound very steep for what can only be certainly said to be Argentine and not specifically Falklands related. Even with bomb-proof provenance would it make that much difference to a serious helmet collector? I doubt it. The current interest in Falklands ephemera seems to me to be driven by "Walts" and video gamers rather than serious collectors like you, me and the majority of our little cabal here! The Falklands is within my "timeline" and as far as rarity goes I can say that the vast majority of the stinking flea ridden crap taken from those shivering wretched conscripts went to the bottom of San Carlos Water where it was dumped during the clean-up. So, the supply of "genuine" Falklands War souvenirs is limited to the few that"Tommy Atkins" picked up and squirrelled away. Make of that what you will. Argentine Special Forces kit, well maybe that is more interesting but still difficult to tie to the conflict.

As one of our stalwarts here says "Whatever it's only an opinion":-)

I hope this answers you question.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 08-13-2017 at 10:13 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."