Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Finnish Helmets

Article about: Hello all I have the opportunity to buy 3 finnish helmets. My question is, is it worth the while, because I think they are post WW2 Jean

Default Finnish Helmets

Hello all

I have the opportunity to buy 3 finnish helmets. My question is, is it worth the while, because I think they are post WW2

Jean
    Attached Images Attached Images Finnish Helmets  Finnish Helmets  Finnish Helmets  Finnish Helmets  Finnish Helmets  Finnish Helmets  Finnish Helmets  Finnish Helmets  Finnish Helmets 

Default Re: Finnish Helmets

Looking at the liners they were postwar reissued.

The first helmet might be a L&S postwar production helmet.

The Hungarian and the last M40 are of war production to my mind.

It depends on the price if it would be worthwhile. Are you into postwar helmets?

Cheers,
    Emile

Emile

thank you for the swift responce, noticed the hungarian too but was not sure about the two others.
    Of course the liners are post war but I didn't see much Finnish helmets on any forum or auction.
    I'll buy all three and sell the first one to compensate.

Jean

?

The first one is a ww2 German helmet with post war liner, second is Hungarian ww2 production with post war liner and the third one is entirely post war production.

I'd buy them if I were you. Together they form an excellent collection of 3 out of 4 German style helmets in the finnish army.

If you're going to sell the first helmet I might be interested. Only have Hungarian m38 and German m16 in my Finnish helmet collection.

Jan
    ?

There are some very desirable helmets for sale in Finland on a few websites but the first one looks very nice

Rgds Jan

?

Quote by Jan View Post
    There are some very desirable helmets for sale in Finland on a few websites but the first one looks very nice

Rgds Jan
    If you can direct me to somewhere that has a Finnish Hungarian m38 with original liner for sale I'd be most greatful.

How can you tell the difference between a wartime and postwar helmet when both have a new liner.
    Specially because you say just the opposite of the previous member.

Jean

Jan
    ?

I, was looking at the paint on the inner side of the shell. The liner is postwar for sure.

Rgds Jan

I, was looking at the paint on the inner side of the shell. The liner is postwar for sure.

Rgds Jan
    Sorry Jan, it was meant for Engman.

Jean

?

Quote by Redgemak View Post
    How can you tell the difference between a wartime and postwar helmet when both have a new liner.
    Specially because you say just the opposite of the previous member.

Jean
    The third one has original liner. (Or at least the same model as the original)

Are there any stampings?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast