Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

French M-26

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors. I just wanted to share with you, one of my favourite Helmets. This particular example is in excellent condition for it's age, is made by Dunois. I assume a size 58 line

?

Default French M-26

Hi Fellow Collectors.

I just wanted to share with you, one of my favourite Helmets. This particular example is in excellent condition for it's age, is made by Dunois. I assume a size 58 liner, which has the original fittings and felt. The shell has definitely had a repaint at some point as, there is a slight difference between the paint in the crown and the rim.The Badge is a Colonial Marine I believe. The leather is a little fragile on the liner and chinstrap, but is has lasted all this time, so hopefully with care will last many years more.

I hope you enjoy looking at this example,as much as I do owning it.

Regards.

French M-26
    French M-26
    French M-26
    French M-26
    French M-26
    French M-26
    French M-26
    French M-26
    French M-26

Great lid and i'd be more than happy to have it on my shelf!...

a superb example opex ,i would be proud to own this one ,i know how fond you are of french lids ,thanks for sharing mate

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great lid and i'd be more than happy to have it on my shelf!...

Thank you very much Gunny, much appreciated.

Regards

?

Quote by James C View Post
    a superb example opex ,i would be proud to own this one ,i know how fond you are of french lids ,thanks for sharing mate

Thank you James you are right, French Helmets are my favourite collecting genre.

I picked this one up a few years ago from a market stall in Northern France, I can't remember how much I paid for it now, but I seem to think it was the equivalent of about £ 30.00, or several boxes of Beaujolais!!

Thanks for looking,much appreciated.

Great Helmet OpexI too want one for display,a very iconic piece of French history.............Jake.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Great Helmet OpexI too want one for display,a very iconic piece of French history.............Jake.

Many thanks for looking and for the compliments Jake,much appreciated.

These regularly appear on ebay , but generally are very pricey,and rarely are complete.

I would like to add another to my collection,but I have yet to see one at the price and one that is as complete as mine.

The search continues.....

Thanks again,regards.

I like the Colonial Marine badge on the helmet, I dont see many like that

French Adrian helmets are one of my favorites

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I like the Colonial Marine badge on the helmet, I dont see many like that

French Adrian helmets are one of my favorites

Many thanks BG, I must admit I have not seen too many of this type in my search for other M26 helmets, the badge has a slightly different shade of khaki ,so I am not even sure it is original to the shell. I can only assume it is!

And I agree the Adrian is an absolute classic, I reckon even a non-militaria collector would recognise the profile as French.

Regards
    Opex

Quote by Opex View Post
    Many thanks BG, I must admit I have not seen too many of this type in my search for other M26 helmets, the badge has a slightly different shade of khaki ,so I am not even sure it is original to the shell. I can only assume it is!

And I agree the Adrian is an absolute classic, I reckon even a non-militaria collector would recognise the profile as French.

Regards
    Opex
    it's common for the badge to be a different shade than the shell, since the badges were not always put on at the factory, probably put on by the different units when they received the helmets.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast