Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French Model TTA 51

Article about: I know I know a common seen helmet in a good number of collections but one I still needed to help round up the French section of my collection... French Model 51 Nato type 2 dated to 1953 th

?

Default French Model TTA 51

I know I know a common seen helmet in a good number of collections but one I still needed to help round up the French section of my collection...

French Model 51 Nato type 2 dated to 1953 these were first produced in 1951 -1958 and were distributed in 1952 and seen active service up to the end of the 1980's..
    This particular example is in unissued new like condition never seeing service it was manufactured by ( S.A.U.F. PARIS ) and is so marked in the dome..
    They were produced in one size and manufactured from non magnetic manganese steel ( 11 to 14% ) the thickness varied from 1.2 to 1.3 mm thick...
    The liner is a type 2 and is sporting a Riddel type suspension and is dated to 1958 they were manufactured from 1953-1960 it was produced by ( Celoron-Durochoc-Textolite and is so marked in the dome < FD > C )..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Model TTA 51   French Model TTA 51  

French Model TTA 51   French Model TTA 51  

French Model TTA 51  

Thumbs up

Ive seen numerous photos of this French MLE 51 combat helmet in use by the ARVN / South Vietnamese Forces, thats why I picked up one to add to my Indo China / Vietnam War era helmet collection.

Khmer soldiers wearing French M51
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Model TTA 51   French Model TTA 51  

?

Thanx for the Reply BG great images and yes these helmets have seen a long and extended service life used by many nations world wide ..

Regards Mark

I have an M51 TAP 56 and I still think they're among the ugliest helmets I have ever seen

?

Earlymb not the most attractive helmets out there but once covered up they are a little easier on the eyes a couple of my M 56 Taps
    French Model TTA 51
    French Model TTA 51
    Regards Mark

Really nice time warp example Mark and well displayed
    Regards James

Quote by earlymb View Post
    I have an M51 TAP 56 and I still think they're among the ugliest helmets I have ever seen
    The French M51 helmet is one of the few helmets that fit my head, most helmets are too small for me

Russian Ssh68 conehead helmet in size 3 fits good , and has room for a cold weather knit cap

?

Excellent condition.
    Great pick up.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

did french troops wear these helmets in Vietnam or mainly the m1. i see in battle gears post ARVN soldiers did.

this guy looks like a para.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Model TTA 51  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast