Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

french otan

Article about: here's a link to another example France M51 - Brendon's Helmets

Default french otan

thought id have a go at fitting a sateen cover and tyre band ,its a look i really think suits the mle 51 ,as i couldnt source a french jacket hood i had to make do with this brit smock hood ive had for a while ,it is ink stamped sateen though and looks the part french otanfrench otanfrench otanfrench otanfrench otanfrench otan

James just stop for a moment and relax mate and enjoy the final evening of the year,all the best to ya buddy and keep on showing in 2014,nice set up BTW.......

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    James just stop for a moment and relax mate and enjoy the final evening of the year,all the best to ya buddy and keep on showing in 2014,nice set up BTW.......
    You too! Happy New Year

thanks jake ,well i thought id throw one last lid in before the end of 2013 ,no celebrating for me last night as i was on out of hours call with work so tucked up in bed by ten thirty i wasnt woken by any fireworks either ,dead to the world ,here's the sateen stamp on the hood all the best to you too i hope you find what your looking for in 2014 french otan

?

Hi James,firstly happy new year, and the cover looks very effective. The originals have small holes on the side,but apart from that there's very very little difference. I have seen on another site examples of the M51 fitted with all manner of covers.I would recommend French Ebay as a source of the M64 Jacket hood
    french otan

On a side note what pattern of hood is it you have fitted, I have never seen a British Olive hood with sateen stamped on it ,quite intriguing

hi opex and thanks here's a close up of the inside of the hoodfrench otanfrench otan

?

Hi James, thanks for showing the Brit hood in more detail, I'm not too familiar with older Brit kit,so it's good to see this one

a small update ,this how the otan now looks ,many thanks opex for giving me the ideafrench otanfrench otanfrench otan

?

That looks pretty darn cool James! Nice job and credit to Opex for the idea, I have never seen one of these helmets before but my its a striking one! To me it looks like obviously based on the M1 but one that had a few puddings too many lol. Cheers! Sean.

thanks sean ,i reckon every helmet collector should at least have one of these ,i quess in passing they are like an m1 ,the share the same two part construction shell/liner ,the profile of the shell is as you say more wider though and it has a large flared rim ,its certainly a change from the usual us m1's and the euro m1 clones

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast