Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

French OTAN M51 Helmet

Article about: Nice Rene, been meaning to pick one up for a while but something else always comes up. Going to start working on it today. I like them a lot. Thanks, John

Default French OTAN M51 Helmet

G'day All,

Just for the record and information- my mint French M51 & an South African issued M51.
    René
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-27-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: replaced pics

Default Re: French OTAN M51 Helmet

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    G'day All,

Just for the record and information- my mint M51 & an South African issued M51. The first five pictures are of the French unissued.

René
    Hi Mate,

Just out of solidarity for a fellow M51 collector, i've posted one yesterday....i guess they are just not too vogue at present....
    Nice lids by the way, i like em, so do you... oh well you can't please everyone

Cheers

Gaz

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post
    Hi Mate,

Just out of solidarity for a fellow M51 collector, i've posted one yesterday....i guess they are just not too vogue at present....
    Nice lids by the way, i like em, so do you... oh well you can't please everyone

Cheers

Gaz
    We have had a few people take a look so far Thanks for your reply
    The SA helmet I had to drag along in my hand luggage along with a ton of other overweight goodies from Johannesburg - Hong Kong - Sydney then home to Melbourne

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    We have had a few people take a look so far Thanks for your reply
    The SA helmet I had to drag along in my hand luggage along with a ton of other overweight goodies from Johannesburg - Hong Kong - Sydney then home to Melbourne
    Hi Mate.

Nice one about the SA,well travelled, I like the idea of that, I would be reminded of this trip,everytime I looked at it.

I brought back a Adrian,from France,not quite as exciting, as your bring back

Cheers Mate.

very nice example René and hello from the uk ,thank you for sharing i notice you didnt recieve a great responce from this thread its strange how some helmets dont have a huge following i believe any early post war helmet is worth collecting as they can only increase in value , can i ask what otan means as i honestly havent got a clue ,i picked up my example today and am very pleased with the condition it has swivel bails im not sure if earlier designs had fixed bails though ?both the lid and liner are dated 1954 it has a rough cork type texture to the lid i cant believe the similarities between this and the us m1 ,to me its just a variation of the m1 im pleased i have a good example and im sure it will look great in my collection thanks again jamesFrench OTAN M51 HelmetFrench OTAN M51 Helmet[ATTACH=CONFIG]240458[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French OTAN M51 Helmet   French OTAN M51 Helmet  

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice example René and hello from the uk ,thank you for sharing i notice you didnt recieve a great responce from this thread its strange how some helmets dont have a huge following i believe any early post war helmet is worth collecting as they can only increase in value , can i ask what otan means as i honestly havent got a clue ,i picked up my example today and am very pleased with the condition it has swivel bails im not sure if earlier designs had fixed bails though ?both the lid and liner are dated 1954 it has a rough cork type texture to the lid i cant believe the similarities between this and the us m1 ,to me its just a variation of the m1 im pleased i have a good example and im sure it will look great in my collection thanks again jamesFrench OTAN M51 HelmetFrench OTAN M51 Helmet[ATTACH=CONFIG]240458[/ATTACH
    G'day James
    Nice one. OTAN is NATO backwards

here's my French M51 dated 1952 by LU MESSEI , it has fixed bales and riveted on straps, the liner is from J. DUNOIS & FILS VINCENNES - 1953

this set looks unissued
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French OTAN M51 Helmet   French OTAN M51 Helmet  

French OTAN M51 Helmet   French OTAN M51 Helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images French OTAN M51 Helmet  French OTAN M51 Helmet 
    Last edited by battle gear; 09-14-2011 at 03:54 AM.

It amazes me how many variations/clones to the US M-1 there are, I find it quite intriguing. I guess to most, these have little collectors value but to me, it's more the history. I've grown a recent fondness for the M-1 and its clones, I'm sure the shelf will be filled with them over time. Thanks for sharing.

Interesting helmets, boys. Not seen much, if at all over here.............

OTAN is NATO backwards, which stands for 'North Atlantic Treaty Organisation'
    but in Francaise it reads: 'Organisation du Traite de l'Atlantique Nord'
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by battle gear View Post
    here's my French M51 dated 1952 by LU MESSEI , it has fixed bales and riveted on straps, the liner is from J. DUNOIS & FILS VINCENNES - 1953

this set looks unissued
    Lovely Thanks Mate

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast