Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

French TAP M-56

Article about: by ruddersrangers44 This deffo my quest for 2014.............make no mistake.......... Hi Jake, good plan. They do come up on French Ebay occasionally, but I have spend hour's, and hours ove

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    This deffo my quest for 2014.............make no mistake..........

Hi Jake, good plan. They do come up on French Ebay occasionally, but I have spend hour's, and hours over the years scanning ebay for one to come up, I have lost out on a few and annoyingly some sellers would not post to the UK, and of course if were happy to ship to the UK the postage was fairly high.

There was one back in the summer on UK Ebay,but missed out on that one too!

Good luck with your quest

?

Hi All, Bit of an updated post, but I managed to source a genuine period Lizard pattern hood, which I have fitted to one of my Tap helmets. Thanks for looking,Regards Opex

French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56
    French TAP M-56
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French TAP M-56  

Default La Legion Saute Sur Kolwezi 1980

here are some cool photos from a French war movie, they are using the French TAP M-56 with camo cover
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French TAP M-56   French TAP M-56  

French TAP M-56  

?

Many thanks for posting these movie pictures BG, can I ask what the name of the movie is, I would like to source this movie

LA LEGION SAUTE SUR KOLWEZI on Vimeo

all the battle scenes are the last 30 minutes of the movie

Amazon.com: La Légion saute sur Kolwezi: Movies & TV
    Last edited by battle gear; 12-14-2013 at 06:30 PM.

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    LA LEGION SAUTE SUR KOLWEZI on Vimeo

all the battle scenes are the last 30 minutes of the movie

Amazon.com: La Légion saute sur Kolwezi: Movies & TV

Many,many thanks BG for the links ,fantastic, I will watch the movie and then see if it is worth purchasing, I might keep an eye out for the book too.

Regards Opex.

Hello

The movie is very good. It takes some time to start as the beginin explain the why and How of the operation.

You also need to take it carefully concerning uniforms. Camouflaged items were used by the second wave of soldiers. The one who jumped used the standard green uniform.

Since 61, camouflaged uniformes weren't well perceived in the french army : )

Best regards

Bruno

?

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    Hello

The movie is very good. It takes some time to start as the beginin explain the why and How of the operation.

You also need to take it carefully concerning uniforms. Camouflaged items were used by the second wave of soldiers. The one who jumped used the standard green uniform.

Since 61, camouflaged uniformes weren't well perceived in the french army : )

Best regards

Bruno

Many thanks for the advice Bruno, I have quite a few set's of the M-64 uniforms in my designated French collection.
    Here's an example of a French Foreign Legion Jacket from my collection.
    French TAP M-56
    Kind regards,Opex.

Hello Opex,

Nice example

The modification of the jacket looks typical. Not so many were allowed to do so. Not an easy set to find.

Worth doing a mannequin, you have most of it ; )

In summary, At the begining Satin 300 (Mle 64) or TAP 47/63 and then Camouflaged TTA47 or TAP 47/56
    Nearly all modified as per your sample.

Bruno

?

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    Hello Opex,

Nice example

The modification of the jacket looks typical. Not so many were allowed to do so. Not an easy set to find.

Worth doing a mannequin, you have most of it ; )

In summary, At the begining Satin 300 (Mle 64) or TAP 47/63 and then Camouflaged TTA47 or TAP 47/56
    Nearly all modified as per your sample.

Bruno
    Many thanks for the compliment and information Bruno, sadly I do not have space to display all my collection, but this particular jacket is dated as per the Kolwezi conflict so would look superb with all the matching items and equipment.I am aware the Legion was the only unit to have modified /shortened jackets and tailored trousers. If space and money was not an issue I would have my designated Legion collection on proud display

Thanks again,and kind regards ,Opex.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast