Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

French TAP M-56

Article about: by ruddersrangers44 This deffo my quest for 2014.............make no mistake.......... Hi Jake, good plan. They do come up on French Ebay occasionally, but I have spend hour's, and hours ove

Default French TAP M-56

my M56 TAP with the "salade" camo cover
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French TAP M-56   French TAP M-56  

Very nice indeed BG
    Last edited by James C; 03-16-2024 at 01:53 PM.

Just to add my example to the threadFrench TAP M-56

Sorry to bring up an old thread but how common were Tap 56 helmets in the algerian war? Also what variants were used?

Hello
    These "chapeau en peau de locomotive" (Train skin hat) weren't used on a daily basis but commonly used during operations.
    Maybe unkwon but several TAP landing occured during the conflict

Helmets were most often the french type, either TAP 56 or TTA 51 (Even for some TAP troups).

At the begining of the conflct French M26 and US helmets were still in used. Rapidly changed by mid 50. USM1 were then kept mostly by officers to differenciate or older soldier to "show" their "experience.

Bruno

Hello bruno so the tap 56 was used in algeria? I have a few original photos of the gilles type being used in the 1959-1962 period

Hello
    Yes it was
    The Gilles production is a local modification done on TTA 51 on 2000 helmets in order to povide helmets to the troops as the Mle 56 wasn't produced before 58, initialy by modifying TTA 51 and then directly from the factory.
    Usually you can find stamps from 1959 and after. I was mentioned once a 58 stamps but I never saw one. The only from 58 I saw is the one I shown with a refurbish stamp.
    That said, the helmet was of course used but the most comon headgear for TAPs was the "casquette Bigeard"

Bruno

can
    ?

Hello All. I'm new here so even though this thread is old it's new to me. I hope no one minds. I got this M 56 back around 2004 from a gentleman in Plymouth UK. I thought at the time it was a put together but never knew until this thread as much as I know now. I lamented the fact that it did not have a white stamp in the shell and now from this thread know the stamp is the small ENT 174 and REN 70. I didn't even know to look for that. It's got a couple of small dents,maybe something to do with the repair? I knew the liner was earlier from the date but was kinda intrigued by the paint work on the front looks like the 1st RCP. I was just lucky enough to get an M 64 vert hood off French eBay so I can put that on I think it will make a good display. I found another thing on this thread that I need to do more research on but I think I have one of the Legion modified M64 jackets. Thanks for looking. Joe
    French TAP M-56French TAP M-56French TAP M-56French TAP M-56French TAP M-56French TAP M-56French TAP M-56French TAP M-56

Hi,

Nice liner from Menessa in Neunkirchen in Germany. Specific shape and not easy to find.s

The parachute was used at the 1st RCP mostly during WW2 and was mainly used by Jump School afterward.

Bruno

Very Nice example Joe and the stenciled liner was a hidden gem so thanks for posting up here as the thread needed a little nudge Well looking back i realise It has been close to two years since i last posted here so time for an update with this Troops Airborne Parachutist grouping from my collectionFrench TAP M-56French TAP M-56
    Last edited by James C; 12-21-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    Regards James

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast