MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this a german helmet

Article about: Argentine M38 the Argentine military also used this helmet back in the 1930's Argentine M38 helmet

Default Re: Is this a german helmet

Argentine M38

the Argentine military also used this helmet back in the 1930's

Argentine M38 helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a german helmet   Is this a german helmet  

Quote by battle gear View Post
    Argentine M38

the Argentine military also used this helmet back in the 1930's

Argentine M38 helmet
    Hi mate.

Very nice Argentinian helmet, these must be pretty rare,I have never seen one for sale......thanks for sharing this one

CMc
    ?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Im sorry lads it looks like you realy like this type of helmet but IMO,
    it is the ugliest helmet i have ever come across. It about as usefull as a Swiss navy lol, It will be ok to keep the rain off.
    dave.
    Well it's an unusal-looking thing, I'll give you that. That Argentinian helmet's an interesting thing, it's odd to see a khaki-green painted helmet with such a glossy finish!

On the subject of a Swiss navy, there is one country I can think of with a navy but no sea access, although it's not Switzerland. Bolivia still has a small navy, in spite of the fact that it lost its access to the Pacific Ocean in 1874 following the Pacific War with Chile, and its only access to any sea or ocean at all at present is through rivers which run through Paraguayan territory at Gran Chaco. It's a bit of a sore point in Bolivia actually, many, particularly the navy, still aspire to regain their ports and coastline, which could quite possibly result in another war at some time in the future. In the meantime, the Bolivian Navy and Marines are mainly based out of Lake Titicaca, and patrol it and the rivers which flow through Bolivian territory. Just a random bit of trivia on landlocked navies!

Hi,
    Im sorry lads it looks like you realy like this type of helmet but IMO,
    it is the ugliest helmet i have ever come across. It about as usefull as a Swiss navy lol, It will be ok to keep the rain off.
    dave.
    You shoulnd makes jokes on the swiss naval forces during WW2. They did their best with their limited resources!

And you just don't appreciate how martial the M18 looks in action shoots!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a german helmet   Is this a german helmet  

Is this a german helmet   Is this a german helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images Is this a german helmet  Is this a german helmet  Is this a german helmet  Is this a german helmet  Is this a german helmet  Is this a german helmet 

GREG
    ?

No, THIS IS NOT A GERMAN HELMET; IT IS SWISS.(CIRCA 1916-1971)

BEST REGARDS, GREG

Hi Auseklis,
    It is a joke about the Swiss navy as they are land locked, and as for what there navy did in WW2, it is a neutral country so there forces shouldnt have done anything towards the war.
    But i will stand by what i said about the helmet it is ugly, going by the pic of the guy covered in mud he could not see anything to the side of him, and would be very restricted during action, he is blinkered. but each to there own.
    dave.

this helmet design looks like a excellent helmet to use for anti aircraft gunners

or coastal defense artillery crews

looks a little big and clumsy as an infantry helmet

Hi Auseklis,
    It is a joke about the Swiss navy as they are land locked, and as for what there navy did in WW2, it is a neutral country so there forces shouldnt have done anything towards the war.
    Since Germany and Italy seriously considered attacking Switzerland on several occasions between 1940 and 1943, Switzerland mobilized nearly half a milion soldiers and employed them, according to their strange defense doctrine*.
    Agreed that the ground forces did not see action in ww2. But the air force and AA had more of that than they liked (air battle over Tessin, continous bombing of the northern border region by US 8th air force...).

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

(* The swiss concept of national defence was basicly to sacrifice all third line units within the first 2 days of axis invasion, to slow down the Germans long enough to allow the regular army to move out of the population centers. These forces would have then been deployed within the mountains to fight a heroic last stand and kill as many Germans (and especialy Italians) as possible.)

Quote by battle gear View Post
    this helmet design looks like a excellent helmet to use for anti aircraft gunners

or coastal defense artillery crews

looks a little big and clumsy as an infantry helmet
    i agree, its too big, look at photo with the 3guys running,especialy the guy in front, you can only see half of his face

heres mine with a camo cover one side is for Summer and one side is for Fall, the camo shown is Fall camo

the liner is the earlier pattern full ring design as used on the original M1918 helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a german helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this a german helmet 
    Last edited by battle gear; 03-16-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast