Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this a german helmet

Article about: Argentine M38 the Argentine military also used this helmet back in the 1930's Argentine M38 helmet

Default Is this a german helmet

i went on the internet this week and i found this;lol, is this a german helmet? it seems to be in great condition, but i cant make out where its from
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a german helmet   Is this a german helmet  

?

Default Re: Is this a german helmet

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    i went on the internet this week and i found this;lol, is this a german helmet? it seems to be in great condition, but i cant make out where its from
    No its a swiss helmet...they are nice looking but value isn't much around $30

Yeah its Swiss, I think its a Model 1918 or something, its been painted with the post war rough finish, nice affordable and unique helmet

Thanks

Danny

Quote by Luis22 View Post
    No its a swiss helmet...they are nice looking but value isn't much around $30
    30$ are about 10-15euros i reckon, but the guy is asking for 55euros

dont pay 55 euros for it, its only worth about 15 euros at most.

These helmets are very cheap but imo every collector should have one in his collection they are just so different from all the rest.

They are well made, unique looking and very "Darth Vader", these Swiss helmets.
    I got a real clean one at a show last year for $20.00 CDN.
    Nice helmets though, IMO.

Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Miahurricanes83 View Post
    These helmets are very cheap but imo every collector should have one in his collection they are just so different from all the rest.
    I like them too, but I look for prep war or wartime M18 models, which can be recognized by the liner band that covers the entire circumference of the inner shell, and are not broken up at the rear like the liner shown in this post. Jim G.

I agree every helmet collector needs one of these Swiss helmets in their collection

they are very high quality helmets, the same quality as a pre war German M35 or better in my opinion.

the design is similiar to the early US WW1 era experimental type helmets, they rejected it because it looked too much like the helmet worn by the Germans.

looks nice with a WWII Swiss camoflage cover, also very cheap and easy to find
    Last edited by battle gear; 03-11-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Hi,
    Im sorry lads it looks like you realy like this type of helmet but IMO,
    it is the ugliest helmet i have ever come across. It about as usefull as a Swiss navy lol, It will be ok to keep the rain off.
    dave.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast