Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

german helmet nets ,west and east

Article about: my main priority this month was to pay my dues for a forum i love and as its been a slow month on the collecting purchase front i had just a little left from my budget to pick up a few tarne

Opex, I dont think the Iraqis ever needed to make copies of the West German nets, they had plenty of surplus from Germany at the time.

this Iraqi M80 that sold on ebay still retains the metal tension rings and has been over painted with tan paint
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet nets ,west and east   german helmet nets ,west and east  

thank you battle gear for the great pics and makes for a good discussion regarding the west german bgs nets ,ive seen a possible variation fitted to post war argentine helmets but minus the rim hooks ?

?

"post away gary its great to see your example to compare too i too have noticed the use of the tarnetz by the iraqi military ,apart from there washed out look i never realised there was a slight variation regarding the smaller keyring style clip ,thank you also for showing its correct fitment ,its a new one on me and i always failed to get the right amount of tension now i know why"

Thanks James, and no worries regarding the fitment of the net, I looked it up on the web as I was needing to get it right you see...

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thank you battle gear for the great pics and makes for a good discussion regarding the west german bgs nets ,ive seen a possible variation fitted to post war argentine helmets but minus the rim hooks ?
    That is a very good point james, now I think of it yes the Argentinians also wore a net of this type too !, these nets are most interesting in their origins and usage by other nations

?

"Opex, I dont think the Iraqis ever needed to make copies of the West German nets, they had plenty of surplus from Germany at the time. This Iraqi M80 that sold on ebay still retains the metal tension rings and has been over painted with tan paint"

Just a thought BG, and due to the sheer numbers of these nets I would imagine there were thousands at one point, so must have been used by other nations... I am aware the Iraqi's bought military items from many European nations.

Loving that over painted M-80 and net,it's got real character

Hi all
    Just received a parcel containing assorted German helmet nets....all unissued!!
    Three BW helmtarnnetz ( one shown fitted to my LL1A1 with Amoeba tarn cover) , one M56 East German (for my ex East German Turkish re-issue M56/76) and finally a BGS "cargo net" (for my new BGS helm!!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german helmet nets ,west and east   german helmet nets ,west and east  

very nice trio mate ,i just did a double take when i saw a double for my bgs helmet ,that zeltbahn cover sure looks well on the west german LL

Yes mate... once again thanks to your good self for the Amoeba zelt cover!!!! and also the tip for where to get some BW tarnhelmnetz !!! the BGS sumpftarn parka hood fits the correct helm sooooo much better than the M1 clone M56 zweiteilige surrogate I had it (badly) fitted to!!!!

paul regarding the east german m56 and the netting and camo combo i was quite fond of the yugoslavian mol camo i displayed a while back as worn on the croation m56's german helmet nets ,west and east

?

Default Early West German Net

Interesting thread, managed to find a net for my newly acquired M60. I'll post some pics once I receive it and attached to helmet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast