Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

german helmet nets ,west and east

Article about: my main priority this month was to pay my dues for a forum i love and as its been a slow month on the collecting purchase front i had just a little left from my budget to pick up a few tarne

Default german helmet nets ,west and east

my main priority this month was to pay my dues for a forum i love visiting and as its been a slow month on the collecting purchase front i had just a little left from my budget to pick up a few tarnetz , west german bundeswehr and east german helmet nets to finish off a few examples ,this m56 stahlhelm is dated 1986 but was in dire need of a net ,i was lucky enough to spot a seller here in the uk with a few spare ones ,in the past i have had to but direct from ebay deutschland and such like to which the postage was should i say a tad on the higher side ,also a bundesgrenzschutz thick woven net ,ive had my eye on one of these for as long as i remember but it was time to bite the bullet before they disappear from the surplus market alltogether german helmet nets ,west and eastgerman helmet nets ,west and eastgerman helmet nets ,west and eastgerman helmet nets ,west and eastgerman helmet nets ,west and eastgerman helmet nets ,west and eastgerman helmet nets ,west and eastgerman helmet nets ,west and east
    Last edited by James C; 03-21-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Another nice display of your fine post war German stalhelm as usual James!!! I might just pick up an east german Helmet net for my Turkish re-issue M56!!??

?

Very nice collection /display of the appropriate nets James, I agree the BGS and Bundy nets are getting scarce, where as the DDR nets are aplenty

thanks austro i hope you pick up one of those east german netsand thanks gary ,i agree perhaps one day these nets might become scarce on the surplus market ,thanks for dropping by fellow lid collectors

I've been on the prowl for a WWII German Helmet Net for years...when they do come up for sale, they're ridiculously expensive and sell quickly...I like your display, thanks for showing!
    Glenn

I picked up a few West German tar nets with the wide metal clips for only $6.99 each , I bought them quickly because I also notice they are getting harder to find , the supply must be drying up from the collector market?

I agree it's a good time to stock up just in case you may need some at a later time

?

Hi James,hope you do not mind me "piggy backing" my Modell 1A1 Luftlandetruppenstahlhelm with period net onto your thread.

NB:These type's of net were interestingly also bought up by Saddam and worn on the M-80/M90 with Burlap covers too...now there's a thought I might recreate this look on one of my models

Thumbs up

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi James,hope you do not mind me "piggy backing" my Modell 1A1 Luftlandetruppenstahlhelm with period net onto your thread.

NB:These type's of net were interestingly also bought up by Saddam and worn on the M-80/M90 with Burlap covers too...now there's a thought I might recreate this look on one of my models
    I always wondered what the purpose of those two extra round metal rings were for, I can see how you looped it through to have tension and secure the net better, my Iraqi helmet net was missing those two rings.

most Iraqi helmets Ive seen with this type of net were missing the two extra metal rings

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I always wondered what the purpose of those two extra round metal rings were for, I can see how you looped it through to have tension and secure the net better, my Iraqi helmet net was missing those two rings.

most Iraqi helmets Ive seen with this type of net were missing the two extra metal rings
    Hi BG, thanks for looking...I actually think this design of net is inferior to the DDR net which has a nice snug fit, the metal rings do tension the net to a certain degree, but not a snug enough fit for my liking!

On the question of the Iraqi used nets is it possible there were copies of the Bundy nets in use at the time, the reason I suggest this is that like yourself I have seen a few examples minus the retaining rings, hence my theory ??

thank you glenn i hope your sucessfull finding that net ,i have to admit i wouldnt know what to look for out for in the ww2 period nets ,especially judging there originality,ill just stick to post war germany where i cant go wrongthanks battlegear please post up a picture of yours fitted id like to see it post away gary its great to see your example to compare too i too have noticed the use of the tarnetz by the iraqi military ,apart from there washed out look i never realised there was a slight variation regarding the smaller keyring style clip ,thank you also for showing its correct fitment ,its a new one on me and i always failed to get the right amount of tension now i know why

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast