Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet

Article about: Hi, I found someone sell this helmet, It's kind of a bit looks like German Helmet, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. Could somebody tell me what helmet is this? Thank you

Default German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet

Hi, I found someone sell this helmet, It's kind of a bit looks like German Helmet, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. Could somebody tell me what helmet is this? Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet  

That's an unusual thing. I haven't seen anything like that before.

Well, maybe not. There is a 1950s version of the M35-family of helmets (the M35-53) that was made in Germany both for export and police and BGS use. Yours is very similar in that it has no vents ot liner pins, and has an internally crimped edge, but the example I have as the more pronounced front peak one usually expects from these helmets. Maybe the photo doesn't show it accurately, or perhps it really *is* something else! (No matter which way I look at mine I can;t make it look like that photo!) Do you have a picture of the interior, and the chinstrap? Does it have a leather strap, and a Schuberth liner? Chinstrap looks like cloth or canvas in that picture.

Interesting thing. What is it?

Have a look here - ALEMÁN 35

?

That's a very interesting looking piece, my initial thought's were that it could a Chinese model , if it is it's pretty scarce so I think it would be a wise purchase.

The only information I have to hand is the PRC used a steel Pasgt shaped helmet prior to using the QGF02 Composite helmet which again is Pasgt shaped...of course this is assuming this is what the seller has for sale!

Or of course it could be the German export model as Greg has previously highlighted??

It look's vaguely like a Portuguese M40/63 I don't suppose you have pictures of the liner,as there be some stamps or marking's to narrow the search down down a bit?

Good point, Opex - possible Chinese, should have thought of it myself - most likely possibility is this one Chino FK2000 But that's a recent locally made product - the Chinese did use M35-family helmets but they are all German export or were faithful local copies.

Definately NOT Portuguese, I can assure you.

By the way, it might be useful to know from where this helmet is being sold.

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Good point, Opex - possible Chinese, should have thought of it myself - most likely possibility is this one Chino FK2000 But that's a recent locally made product - the Chinese did use M35-family helmets but they are all German export or were faithful local copies.
    Definately NOT Portuguese, I can assure you. By the way, it might be useful to know from where this helmet is being sold.
    Hi Greg, good link which makes me think this is a PRC made model, the Portuguese reference was a long shot, and not a serious estimation of origin!

And yes it would be useful to know where it is being sold, I am very intrigued to find out what it is!

Default China F

I agree, it resembles the Chinese FK 2000-4

I would buy it, you dont see many of these for sale

It's sold in Indonesia. I'm meeting the seller to get a better look at this helmet. He said it's only the outer shell, it doesn't have liner...

?

Quote by IDN Narod View Post
    It's sold in Indonesia. I'm meeting the seller to get a better look at this helmet. He said it's only the outer shell, it doesn't have liner...
    Thank you for the confirmation, it is a shame that there is no webbing,as this might be "very" hard to source indeed, good luck with your purchase and of course it would be great if you could share some of your own pictures if do go ahead and buy it.

I bought it guys. Yep, it appears that this is the Chino FK2000. Here's some photos. No inscription or whatsoever here
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet   German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet  

German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet   German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet  

German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet   German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet  

Quote by IDN Narod View Post
    I once saw that helmet in here almost a year ago. Too bad its already been sold before i have the fund.
    German steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmetGerman steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmetGerman steel helmet lookalike? Need help to identify the helmet

I think this chinese made steel helmet once used during the aceh military operation in 2003.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast