MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German ww2???

Article about: Hi All OK, I know this title is for steel helmets, and this ones plastic!!! but its been bugging me for years. I got given it about 20 years ago when as a kid I decided I wanted a german hel

Reg
    ?

Default German ww2???

Hi All

OK, I know this title is for steel helmets, and this ones plastic!!! but its been bugging me for years. I got given it about 20 years ago when as a kid I decided I wanted a german helmet for christmas (my parents always wanted a normal farmers son who would want overalls or wellys or somthing useful) and they produced this, I was dissappointed as it wasnt the coal scuttle type, but it went into the collection but ended up in a shed covered in piegon muck till I retreved it the other day after wondering about what it actually was.

I guess its been repainted and a few odd decals added (swastika on other side) and I always suspected it was post war, the nearest I can find to it is a luftschutz type helmet, but these are usually steel with air vents in the side.

Can anyone ID it please?

Cheers

Reg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German ww2???   German ww2???  

?

Default Re: German ww2???

maybe some sort of parade helmet or training helmet dont know looks very odd

Hi Reg
    What size is it?

Reg
    ?

Aye, it is odd!!! I was wondering after your escapades with the paint stripper if I should have a go at removing the old grey emulsion on it to see if theres any original paint or markings.

Reg
    ?

its big, er...ill have a look...hold on a mo, its up in the loft out of the mrs way...

ok, theres a faint stamp on the liner saying 63 - 61

and a black ink stamp saying S.W.B 59 on the rear inside. it pongs a bit too, and not just of bird mess. LOL

Reg

?

Quote by Reg View Post
    Aye, it is odd!!! I was wondering after your escapades with the paint stripper if I should have a go at removing the old grey emulsion on it to see if theres any original paint or markings.
    not sure that would be a good idea being a plastic helmet it'll hard to remove the paint without damaging the helmet

?

is plastic ? the helmet is for movie ,cinematophy .(props)

?

cinematography ,sorry

Reg
    ?

True, wouldnt want to damage the thing, am quite attached to it really....even if I did leave it in a shed for years....bit guilty bout that one! may just try some diluted spirit on a patch and then wash it off......its just finding the time to get to it.......im working if the mrs asks by the way!

Reg
    ?

could be zero, but the shape would be quite wrong, but that could be why it was repainted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast