Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

greek m34 - 39 helmet

Article about: i found this greek helmet today and thought i would not let it get away, just dont see these,s helmet down my way. i read a thread on this site about greek helmets. and was intrested to read

Default greek m34 - 39 helmet

i found this greek helmet today and thought i would not let it get away, just dont see these,s helmet down my way.
    i read a thread on this site about greek helmets.
    and was intrested to read that these helmet were used post war.
    so i would like to ask if any one would be able to tell me if the paint on this helmet i have is a post war referb.
    the tone of paint is nearly the same as a italian m33. i know the italians made these helmets and did use these helmets also. thanks mark. i can see that this helmet has been repainted at some stage. cheers mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture greek m34 - 39 helmet   greek m34 - 39 helmet  

greek m34 - 39 helmet   greek m34 - 39 helmet  

greek m34 - 39 helmet  

Certainly a repaint, as you can see the painted over scratches and chipping. Just when and by who for what is another question, but post-war, I would imagine, in any case. A very nice helmet at any rate!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks wagriff thats what im intrested in i dont know if any other nations used these helmets. or just someone that had this helmet repainted it.

Nice helmet, the liner attachment to the shell & liner is very similar to Bulgarian helmets.

yea they do rene. italy only sent the shells. and the greeks put there own liners in the helmets. and painted the helmets i think.
    i do see them for sale on line from time to time, but came across this one today and thought i will get it.
    the price was good.
    just the paint job has put me of a bit. cheers mark.

Just out of curiosity and I know nothing, but surely the Greeks wouldn't have had Italian made helmets?

Quote by geelong View Post
    yea they do rene. italy only sent the shells. and the greeks put there own liners in the helmets. and painted the helmets i think.
    i do see them for sale on line from time to time, but came across this one today and thought i will get it.
    the price was good.
    just the paint job has put me of a bit. cheers mark.
    What's under a liner attachment? you can unbolt it to see? maybe? If I had it I would as it is a repaint
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-11-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: added text

the paints that thick i will crack the paint if i do that. dont think i would be able to get a flat head screw driver into the bolt on the out side.

Quote by geelong View Post
    the paints that thick i will crack the paint if i do that. dont think i would be able to get a flat head screw driver into the bolt on the out side.
    Fair enough Mate

?

René,
    To answer your question, the generally accepted story is that the Greeks did purchase the shell from Italy, it was a prototype of the Italian M33 and the liner was then fitted in Greece.

I have also read somewhere that the helmets were shipped complete and the stamp on the liner is the acceptance stamp of the Greek Army.

I believe it was also used by the Italian’s, I’ve not seen one with an alternative liner fitted but I have seen one without the acceptance stamp.
    Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast