Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet

Article about: Hello. I found this helmet on the dump the other day, and i think it looks a little like a M1 helmet, or am i just crazy? - It is stamped CF inside, witch is the danish civil defense, so it

Default Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet

Hello.

I found this helmet on the dump the other day, and i think it looks a little like a M1 helmet, or am i just crazy?

- It is stamped CF inside, witch is the danish civil defense, so it has been used i Denmark for something.

Anyway, my question is, if i am the only one who thinks this looks like a M1 helmet?

/Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet   Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet  

Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet   Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet  

Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet   Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet  

Default Re: Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet

Hi Mick,

After the war many European nations adopted the M1, at least clones there of. The Danes started in 1948 as far as I know, with the M48. Most were made by Austrian manufacturer Ulbrchts Witwe. The liners were locally produced. Later Norway received these as well.

The Germans, Austrians, Belgians, Dutch and others adopted and produced their own in the fifties.

I am not sure whether there were other nations in Europe producing these M1 clones, apart maybe from Spain at a later date.

Cheers,
    Emile

Looks like regular GI issue. I've had them 'clunking' around on my head enough.The markings,I don't know. You found it in a dump! What luck!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet   Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet  

Helmet found. - Looks a little like a M1 helmet  

Thanks!

And i found 2 of them. - But the other one was just a shell

/Mick

Might be a good idea to revisit that dump!

hehe, yeah - Not the last i am visiting them

- Thanks for your answers guys, have a good day.

/Mick

I was thinking about restoring the other shell to make it look like a M1 medic helmet, do you think that could work? Or does it not look like a M1 helmet enough?

/Mick

I also found this side ware it says "Danish M1 clone shells were also produced in West Germany and Denmark - check any stampings for identification.
    In the early 1950s Danish troops were supplied with US-made M1s."

So, i think it look much like a M1 helmet, and the other shell it just the same as the one on the picture.

/Mick

I would like to have some information on a danish M1 liner clone.

They were also produced by Denmark in thermoplastic. I would like to know whether these were marked by the producer?

Does anyone have a good detailed picture of this helmet liner?

Thanks,
    Emile

Do you want some detailed pictures of the liner on the picture or some of the line made of plastic (my brother has one made of plastic).

/Mick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast