Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet ID Please.

Article about: Hello all i have just quickly found you guys/gals on the web as today when driving past a skip i spotted two helmets on the top so i go tout and asked the people filling it if i could buy th

adamuk
    ?

Default Helmet ID Please.

Hello all i have just quickly found you guys/gals on the web as today when driving past a skip i spotted two helmets on the top so i go tout and asked the people filling it if i could buy them and they said they had just brought the house and found them in the loft and just gave them to me.

I know nothing about this sort of stuff and cannot see any markings on them at all could some kind person tell me what they are please as i have been trawling the net and just confused myself !!!!!!!

Now i have obviously posted this is in the German section but as i say i have no got any ideas so if its in the wrong section please move.

Many thanks to those that help me on this its driving me insane not knowing about them.

All the best

Adam. ( Norwich )

The lid with the leather liner is a Portuguese model 940, the one with the webbing liner is a model 940/63!....

Yes, definately Portuguese, as Gunny H says. If you don't want to keep them let me know!

You can find more info on them here PORTUGUÉS 1940 and here .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 940/63 :.

nice finds! I also have one of the Portuguese M940/63 helmets

Portuguese M940/63 as used in Angolan War of Independence & Mozambique

adamuk
    ?

Wow many thanks now i can look at them and know more about them, the missus hates them so god only knows what i will have to do with them seems sad to just put in shed really.

Again thanks

Adam