Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet Liner Help

Article about: Hi Group, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a WW2 Spanish helmet which is looks like a german helmet. I am wanting to replace the liner, and would like to know the best wa

TPK25
    ?

Default Helmet Liner Help

Hi Group,
    I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a WW2 Spanish helmet which is looks like a german helmet. I am wanting to replace the liner, and would like to know the best way to do it. The original liners leather is stretched and worn and I would like to clean the helmet up and replace the liner. There are 7 rivets holding the liner in place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Tom

Default Re: Helmet Liner Help

Hi Tom, don't do this. Even though the helmet has limited financial worth, altering it in any way will kill the value completly.

Keeping something in original condition is very important.

Far too much militaria has suffered from "good intentions" of previous collector owners.

Cheers, Ade.

TPK25
    ?

Default Re: Helmet Liner Help

I guess your right Ade, I am new to this and preserving the value in any form is the best thing to do. Sometimes I have held the helmet and thought of who has wore it and where it has been before falling into my hands. Only if the helmet could talk. Thanks for the input and I really enjoy reading and looking at everyones items and collections. Take care.....Tom