Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help With Helmet Identification

Article about: I'm hoping that someone can help me with the identification of this helmet. I believe that it may be WWI-era Turkish but I am not sure. The raised vent holes look like German influence, but

?

Default Help With Helmet Identification

I'm hoping that someone can help me with the identification of this helmet. I believe that it may be WWI-era Turkish but I am not sure. The raised vent holes look like German influence, but it does not seem to match the German-made helmets for Turkey from examples I've seem online. Thanks for any help.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help With Helmet Identification   Help With Helmet Identification  

Help With Helmet Identification   Help With Helmet Identification  

OK, I have no doubt that this is a Czechoslovak vz.30 helmet shall, produced in the 1930s. The liner is unusual and is not, I feel sure, an original factory fitting. One thing to remember is that large numbers of these helmets were in use in Spain during the period of the Civil War. I mention that because the liner is very similar to those used in some Spanish helmets of the 1930s and 1940s, and it could be a shell that was given a fresh liner in Spain. I don;t know if I would bet money on it, but its a worthwhile idea to follow.

See here for some pictures -
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Vz 30 :.
    ESPAÑOL 30 CHECO

I encountered one at auction about two years ago and I think Greg is correct. NH

?

Thanks very much for this information. I really appreciate it!

T.