Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help to identified this M1 MP helmet.

Article about: Hi! I bought this in VietNam. What do you think about it? Number 6043 is stamped inside.

Default Help to identified this M1 MP helmet.

Hi! I bought this in VietNam. What do you think about it?

Number 6043 is stamped inside. Help to identified this M1 MP helmet.Help to identified this M1 MP helmet.Help to identified this M1 MP helmet.Help to identified this M1 MP helmet.Help to identified this M1 MP helmet.Help to identified this M1 MP helmet.

?

Hi, I think it is a nice looking piece, but I have a hunch that is has been artificially aged, the white stripes look to have soil rubbed in to age it. As a display piece I think it would look good but I have no personal experience of buying M1's from Vietnam directly, but I am aware there are/have been ARVN used fakes produced. Please do think I am being cynical , my comments are based on my initial hunches.

Regards.

I think it's a recent reproduction painted for selling to tourists, also common on ebay from sellers in Vietnam

Sorry to say but it is not real MP Helmet. looks good but it is a reproduction. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Regardless of the paintwork the heatstamp cannot lie,thats a Canadian made contracted shell for the US made from 1970 onwards,now as there were 5 contracts issued from 1970-1976 and there's no official heatstamp chart it would have little to no chance of telling which batch it actually came from so with this in mind whats the chances of it reaching Vietnam and seeing some service there,its more likely it arrived in the late 70's so i personally wouldn't consider this as a true Vietnam period Helmet................

?

Definite repro most likely from Vietnam, they are pumping these painted helmets out still to this day

Thanks guys…It could be worse..I didn't paid a fortune for it…but thanks anyway!