Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identify this helmet, please.

Article about: Hi fellas, Long time lurker, first time poster here. I found this helmet at a garage sale many years ago, and while I know it's not German, I can't figure out where it's actually from. I kno

alfredely
    ?

Default Help identify this helmet, please.

Hi fellas,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I found this helmet at a garage sale many years ago, and while I know it's not German, I can't figure out where it's actually from. I know one or more of you on here will have the answer.

My best guess is a Chinese M1935 or maybe Argentinian or Spanish, though it doesn't look like most Spanish ones I've seen. I read the Germany did export M35's before the war broke out. Could this be one of those shells with a replacement liner?

There are no markings on the chin strap or liner (aside from the size 56 stamp) and the back rim (batch number, maybe?) is stamped "T1198." I can't find any other clues. Maybe this is a just a crappy repro but judging by the rust and patina I think it's at least fifty years old.

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identify this helmet, please.   Help identify this helmet, please.  

Help identify this helmet, please.  

?

Default Re: Help identify this helmet, please.

The color/liner combo make me want to say Czech post war civil defence. But the T stamp throws a spanner in the works.

looks like a German made shell used post war by the Czech army

The air vents looks huge on it. Would think it might be a Quist M40 that was used post war as suggested above by the Czechs for civil defense with one of their liners