MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

History of this Argentine Pot please

Article about: Hi, have bought a helmet that is described as coming back from the Falklands can anyone verify anything about this helmet I am adding some photos. There is writing which includes trenque lau

Default History of this Argentine Pot please

Hi,
    have bought a helmet that is described as coming back from the Falklands can anyone verify anything about this helmet I am adding some photos. There is writing which includes "trenque lauquen" which I believe is a neighbourhood of Buenos Aires but can anything else prove it's possible verification. There is a picture of I think of the name of the owner and S/C 62,
    thanks.
    dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture History of this Argentine Pot please   History of this Argentine Pot please  

History of this Argentine Pot please   History of this Argentine Pot please  

History of this Argentine Pot please  
    Last edited by danbadger; 03-18-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: clarity

Default Re: History of this Argentine Pot please

There is also what looks like Navas Cesar could this be a name ? are there any lists of Argentine combatants anywhere?

?

Default re: History of this Argentine Pot please

Looks good. I've done a bit of research on these, since I have one similar. SC 62, could be the birth date of the conscript. As for the liner, if it has retained the original American nape strap, there may be an issue date. Some were modified Argentinian ones though, and as far as I know, (I have never had one) these were not dated.

Best Regards,

Andy

Edit for link. Look under Preparations For War.

Argentine ground forces in the Falklands War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Default re: History of this Argentine Pot please

Cheers Andy,
    so reading that from the link the SC62 conscripts arrived later into the war to take over, so adds up that this could be from the conflict. It is front seam so early US helmet which is rusty inside so can't get any factory marks from there and looks like a Firestone liner not sure from when the nape is too worn to read anything. Just spotted some pen in the liner but can't really make it out. I find the investigation a big part of all this and adding up the evidence to maybe come to a conclusion is great...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture History of this Argentine Pot please   History of this Argentine Pot please  

Hi Dan, congrats for this item.
    Those marks means the following:
    S/C 62 Navas Cesar: Soldier Conscript (born in) 1962 Navas (last name) Cesar (first name)
    Trenque Lauquen: the city where he belong, is a town located around 500 km (312 miles) from Buenos Aires.
    7 de noviembre: Date, November 7th

I was making some search about it and there's no war veteran called like that, so I guess those marks were made on Nov. 1981 during his recruitment, then he was dismissed and the helmet remains in the regiment used by another soldier, probably class '63 during the war.

Regards,
    German (is the spanish form of "Sherman")

?

It functions best when arms are raised well into the air and you shout " No Fuego porfavor " " Me gusto English hombres " " No Fuego "

?

Inglés, I believe.

A
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by SteveR View Post
    It functions best when arms are raised well into the air and you shout " No Fuego porfavor " " Me gusto English hombres " " No Fuego "
    chuckle...

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Ha-ha.... very funny. How old are you, 5? I though this was a serious forum.
    Regards,
    German.
    ps: You should learn some spanish, by the way.