Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hungarian M-70

Article about: Hi fellow collectors. Here's a Hungarian M-70 from my collection, these were a vast improvement over the M-50 Model, with it's leather four point chinstraps , and liner , and it's tough plas

?

Default Hungarian M-70

Hi fellow collectors.

Here's a Hungarian M-70 from my collection, these were a vast improvement over the M-50 Model, with it's leather four point chinstraps , and liner , and it's tough plastic coated paint finish, which is very shiny!!!

Another Eastern Bloc generic helmet I'm afraid, but hopefully you will enjoy looking at it.

Regards

Opex.

Hungarian M-70
    Hungarian M-70
    Hungarian M-70
    Hungarian M-70

Default Re: Hungarian M-70

Hardly 'generic' - very different in several ways to the original Russian ssh39 or 40!

One thing - apparently there are two versions of this - with different paint finishes/taxture. I have never seen both at the same time so I have no idea how to tell them apart. All I know is that the first version is the one that is so obviously - crazily, for a combat helmet - shiny.

?

Default Re: Hungarian M-70

Good point Greg, what I meant by generic was the ssh39 inspired shape copied by just about every nation behind the iron curtain.

And I agree with the shiny finish, a bit pointless having a green helmet,with a mirror finish!. But then helmet covers were issued to combat the reflectivity of the paint finish.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.