Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Hungarian M50 helmet

Article about: Hello to all, I want to show you this Hungarian M50 helmet, I found it in a junk shop; it is in very good condition and complete with all its parts, although it has been used. An interesting

Cool SEAL armed with Hungary AMD-65 in Vietnam War

Quote by Fabe View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I would say they did. ( There were some "missions" where they sent medical supply and personal, but not fighting men - there are some Hungarian uniforms that were designed for these missions - I think called: Vietnam tropical )
    I found this photo showing a USN SEAL carrying a captured Hungarian AMD-65 (AK type) assault rifle in Vietnam, so they did send some military support like small arms , and probably helmets and other gear.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hungarian M50 helmet 

?

Ok, I just scanned in that Hungarian "Vietnam Tropical" uniform, which was issued to the mission members in 1969. Also see a photo of these special Hungarian troops with NAM troops.

Hungarian M50 helmet

?

Nice "later type" 1960s made M50 - just before they came out with the M70 type.
    These had a less shiny paint, with a bit of a rougher feel to them - also these had riveted neck-straps, instead of stitching.
    The red star paint def. not an "official" marking - after 1956, everyone in Hungary hated anything with red stars, the army did not use any stickers or hand painted symbols after the 56" revolution.
    Could be a later addition, trying to sell it as a "Russian WW2" helmet.
    Cheers,
    Fabe

PS: Ok, I'm opening my M50 thread today or tomorrow...

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Hello to all,
    I want to show you this Hungarian M50 helmet, I found it in a junk shop; it is in very good condition and complete with all its parts, although it has been used.
    An interesting piece of cold war in my opinion.

Thank you for looking.

Roberto

Attachment 948286Attachment 948287Attachment 948288Attachment 948289Attachment 948290Attachment 948292Attachment 948293Attachment 948294Attachment 948295

Thanks Fabe, I'm waiting to read your new post, with more info!

?

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Thanks Fabe, I'm waiting to read your new post, with more info!
    Just to be clear; the painted red star also could be period job. Looks to be well-aged. But def. a custom paint-job.

Interesting hungarian "civil defense-polgári védelem" M50 helmet with painted insignia. Another interesting feature is the "A" stamped on the visor.

?

Hi everyone, I'm happy to present my latest acquisition a nice Hungarian M50. Enjoy

Hungarian M50 helmet

Hungarian M50 helmet

Hungarian M50 helmet

Hungarian M50 helmet

Zoom of the left side.
    Hungarian M50 helmet

Hungarian M50 helmet

Hungarian M50 helmet

Chinstrap & loops are the same model as the M35/38 helmet.
    Hungarian M50 helmet

Hungarian M50 helmet

Hungarian M50 helmet

Nice view of the chinstrap loop.
    Hungarian M50 helmet
    Now if you look on the left side you may see the corner of the old stamping & what looks like the letter M
    who is really an H from H.R. (acceptance stamp). The year acceptance has vanished from the stamp.

Let finish with a zoom on the nice decal & rivets.
    Hungarian M50 helmet
    Last edited by Jack59; 12-24-2023 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Precision

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I found this photo showing a USN SEAL carrying a captured Hungarian AMD-65 (AK type) assault rifle in Vietnam, so they did send some military support like small arms , and probably helmets and other gear.
    Interesting image and information !
    Thx., for showin´!

Hungarian M50 helmet

I received a few helmets in poor condition recently.
    Including this "salty" Hungarian M50 helmet.
    HÚNGARO 80

The ink stamp in the shell is still relatively clearly visible.
    I think I can recognize the year 1951.

As an Austrian, I am still present and aware of the Hungarian Uprising as a history-interested collector of militaria.

This is also why I bought this Hungarian M1950 helmet, despite its really poor condition.

Best regards,
    Ro

Hungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmet

The ink stamp in the dome of the shell:

Hungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmetHungarian M50 helmet

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast