Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982

Article about: I have two British Mark IIs acquired separately. One had a page of Hebrew newspaper stuffed in it (this was in Texas!!!) My question: Does the Israeli connection mentioned in the description

?

Thanks for the link, the berets did look a bit to small as well

?

I was finally able to add an example of an Israeli produced copy of the US M-38 tankers helmet to my collection a few weeks back and after comparing my own to the example shown by Roger earlier in the thread I noticed that they are slightly different in design...
    My own example is devoid of the male snaps on the side of the helmet body for the placement of the leather band that I speculate would have been used for holding goggle straps in position...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982   IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982   IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982   IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

Quote by Robin View Post
    Hi All

Just thought I'll put up some more of my IDF helmets i'v gotten this year. First is my Orlite riot helmet . it was listed as bomb disposal helmet but I would not think it would be strong enough for that kind of work. I did get a visor cover and helmet bag for it but they got lost in the post (the Ebay seller has been possible the most annoying seller i'v ever come across on Ebay)
    As for the symbol on the back I have no idea if that's a unit markings or has another meaning. It all so has the older plastic chin strap clip
    Attachment 970902Attachment 970903
    here's an IDF soldier wearing one of these Orlite helmets with a riot face shield
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982   IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

Last edited by battle gear; 08-08-2016 at 07:30 PM.

also notice the IDF soldiers GALIL rilfe has been modified with a laminated wooden Romanian AKM forward pistol grip lower handguard? looks like it would be an improvement for carrying with the sling with the rifle at the hip.

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    also notice the IDF soldiers GALIL rilfe has been modified with a laminated wooden Romanian AKM forward pistol grip lower handguard? looks like it would be an improvement for carrying with the sling with the rifle at the hip.
    battle gear, the gun modification is unusual, I’ve not seen anything like this before. Looking closer at the photo something isn’t right, the soldier on the left is wearing a shoulder tag for Golani, these or any other unit designation are not worn with this type of 'work' uniform, also he has no webbing or stab proof vest, this is not normal in a situation that requires a helmet to be worn. Where did it come from? it could be a still from a movie or TV program.

Steve.

it's from the book "DEEDS of WAR" these are actual real life photos by combat photographers

a former IDF soldier says this type of modification was actually common when he was in the IDF back in the 1980's

Quote by Mark K View Post
    I was finally able to add an example of an Israeli produced copy of the US M-38 tankers helmet to my collection a few weeks back and after comparing my own to the example shown by Roger earlier in the thread I noticed that they are slightly different in design...
    My own example is devoid of the male snaps on the side of the helmet body for the placement of the leather band that I speculate would have been used for holding goggle straps in position...

Regards Mark
    Hi Mark sorry for the delayed response but can i ask if this was a stand alone helmet or could the M1 shell fit over when it was required

?

Quote by James C View Post
    Hi Mark sorry for the delayed response but can i ask if this was a stand alone helmet or could the M1 shell fit over when it was required
    Morning James as you know these helmets offer no ballistic protection whatsoever and were used strictly as a radio communication platform and as a bump helmet I have not seen many images of IDF tankers wearing steel helmets over top of them but the image below does show I believe quite clearly that a steel helmet was dawned at need.
    I can not tell though if the helmet that this tanker was wearing was a re-purposed HSRAC or HSAT or if it is indeed an M-1 but if one looks closely I believe that a chin-cup can be made out...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

?

Another recent addition to the shelf was this British Mk II that has been re-purposed and refitted by the IDF it has been repainted an olive green on the exterior of the helmet body and is sporting what I believe to be as an Israeli produced chinstrap and retro-fitted liner which has been attached with the use of an aluminium rivet instead of a nut and bolt fastening system and shows the oval type dome pad instead of the crucifix style...

Regards Mark

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

Hello to all,
    I try to make my contribution with the addition of another ACH tanker helmet, made in Israel, of the type widely used during the Six Day War.
    This helmet was found by me and it is complete with all of its original parts, and the stamp of the manufacturer on the front of the liner is still clearly legible, I think it belongs to the Israeli factory "Ritukh".
    Even the goggles are the original ones, and are still placed in the same position as they were left by its owner who used it a few decades ago (slightly shifted to the right) as confirmed by the ghost left on the shell (see the last photo of post).
    I hope it's interesting.

Regards
    Roberto

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982
    Last edited by OldSteel; 06-02-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: add info

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast