Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982

Article about: I have two British Mark IIs acquired separately. One had a page of Hebrew newspaper stuffed in it (this was in Texas!!!) My question: Does the Israeli connection mentioned in the description

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    One more Israeli used MKII AT para.....this is one I sold a few years ago and I just came across the photos.

This as the more usual sand coloured paint, the oval pad has been replaced with the foam crucifix crown pad from a British MKII and secured in with an aluminium rivet. (this mod is fairly common on these helmets)

The chinstrap is the Israeli manufactured version (no hollow rivets in the metal ends) and dated 1944.

One of my selling off regrets, when I cropped my collect by half

Attachment 565894

Attachment 565895

Attachment 565897
    A stunning helmet that I would have loved to add to my collection perhaps one day I may be able to source an example as nice as this one I would with out a doubt consider it a top shelf item in my collection .

Regards Mark

?

Morning Gents I have finally been able to source my own example of an IDF Para helmet to add to my collection and IMO it is original and un-messed with the seller did not post any of the finer production/construction details about the helmet so I will have to wait to get her in hand in the post to sort out a little more info such as the date and producer of the helmet body.
    I do believe the liner is un-marked so very probably of Israeli origin when compared to the other examples I have seen as is the khaki tan chinstrap/harness.
    All though barely legible It is apparent by the one image that the helmet body has been modified with the addition of a thick oval dome pad which has been riveted in place as was the practice of the time .
    I am not as up on my Hebrew or Arabic as I should be so if anyone can offer any assistance on the writing in the chin-cup and or on the liner band it would be appreciated I welcome any thoughts and or opinions on this helmet and will update the thread upon its arrival with any more details and a few better pics once I have it in hand.

PS. do any of you gents possibly know were I could source a period correct net or other encroachments to add a little window dressing for the purpose of display.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982   IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982   IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982   IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

Mark,

You sourced a very nice Israeli para helmet.
    Recently I visited Israel again and took special interest in all helmets and headgear when visiting the various militaria musea.
    Good lid, I'll have to ask friends about the hebrew, let me know when you have better pictures of the writing.

Ray

?

Thank you Ray I am very pleased with it and will post better images upon it's arrival.

Regards Mark

a very good find, they often used a piece of burlap with netting over the top or a mesh net with a piece of tire tube as the helmet band.

the IDF para helmet is almost like an icon of the Israeli Six Day war, they even made a coin with the same type of helmet

IDF Zahal Old Vintage 40's 50's 60's Camo Net for Helmet Cover Tan Israel | eBay

Is this an Israeli six day war paratrooper helmet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982   IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982  

?

Thanx for the link BG he has one less net to sell now.

Regards Mark

congratulations mark on finding such a nice example ,it really is a beaut the shell paintwork shows just the right amount of expected wear and the chin support script is a real nice bonus ,the great part is it fits in so well with your british and commonwealth collection ,well done mate

?

Many thanks James I have been on the hunt for an example since first reading this thread they do not come up for sale often .
    I will post up some better images upon it's arrival and once I get her all gussied up with hessian, net and tire tube band.
    I am quite chuffed as you Brits would say it is the fourth HSAT to grace my collection and all of which were used by different Nations.

Regards Mark

well its a very desirable helmet so im really pleased for you mark well noted on the chuffed mate the seller pics are really very good and im sure helped in your decision to buy it ,allthough the hairy arm must of been a distraction

?

Default Israeli Para HSDR conversion

Here is an Israeli conversion of a British HSDR to an HSATs Mk.II, it has a cruciform Mk.II type pad glued in the top and a locally made copy of the British liner. Note the US type chin-strap lugs to hold the HSATs Mk.II harness.
    Roger

IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982IDF ISRAELI helmets arab israeli wars, 1967 - 1982

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast