Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting M1 camo helmet Dutch made ? marked to a Royal marine

Article about: Picked up this Interesting M1 camo helmet Dutch made ? marked to a Royal marine today at the fea market

Default Interesting M1 camo helmet Dutch made ? marked to a Royal marine

Picked up this Interesting M1 camo helmet Dutch made ? marked to a Royal marine today at the fea market
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting M1 camo helmet Dutch made ? marked to a Royal marine   Interesting M1 camo helmet Dutch made ? marked to a Royal marine  

Interesting M1 camo helmet Dutch made ? marked to a Royal marine   Interesting M1 camo helmet Dutch made ? marked to a Royal marine  

Interesting M1 camo helmet Dutch made ? marked to a Royal marine  

A strange one, why would a Dutch lid be named to a Royal Marine? unless it's a Royal Netherlands Marine with an English name. There again maybe a British lad did a swap with a Dutch lad? who knows?....

Yes Gunny its a odd one makes sense a Royal marine doing a swap this came in with some other Royal marine items

Very strange one!

The chinstrap of the steel shell is not Dutch.
    The straps in the liner are rivetted, not bolted as is usual in the VB liners.
    Could be a reconditioned liner by the Belgians or Luxemburgers, who also used small quantities of VB (VerBlifa) liners.

I wonder if the shell is marked in any way?

Cheers,
    Emile

Looks like a tiny helmet in your hands... But Dutch M1 shells had smooth paint. If it is one it should be stamped in the rim, probably at the front, or rear near the seam.

I'd guess given the *tiny* head size it's adjusted to that it's a put together and somebody dolled it up for a lad who is a big fan of the bootnecks. Perhaps a gift for the son or relative of a bootie? Surely not issue but just the sort of thing to come out of the local surplus emporium...

MAP
    ?

I will say that taking pictures while holding a helmet almost always make the helmet look much much smaller. I have a number of photos of me holding a decent sized 64 helmet but in the pictures it looks like it could fit a mouse.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Its not a tiny helmet just how the photo came out ,I cant see any stamps inside the shell itself

The rim of the shell looks weird to me; seems much more 'flared' than standard? Or is that just the pic too?