Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iraqi Helmet

Article about: by battle gear >>> Hi Mate. Nice lid,and display

Default Iraqi Helmet

Guys,

Picked this up today South of Hanover of all places.

Nice minty with I presume the owners details but I don't read arabic.

Note the Iraqi Ordance mark, it is quite hard to find things with it on as most of their gear was imported.

Regards.

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi Helmet   Iraqi Helmet  

Iraqi Helmet  

?

Default Re: Iraqi Helmet

A few more from a previous thread ...

My Souvenir Iraqi Helmet...

Gary J.

this looks like type of helmet that would have originally had a rubber protective ring around the rim or the Model 90

Just for those that don't know the Mark on the helmet is regarded as an Identifier for Republican Guard but its not used only for the RG.
    The Iraqi National Congress opposition group has displayed this insignia in a context suggesting that it generically covers both the regular Army and the Republican Guard. This insignia was used on the aircraft of the Iraqi Air Force. The "Iraqi National Symbol" is a rune-like device of two conjoined diamonds, adopted after the 1958 Revolution as a national emblem. This symbol is often encountered within a triangle, point upward, and often with an additional loop at the end of the lower arm.
    I hope this helps.

>>>
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iraqi Helmet  

Just curious....how much are Iraqi helmets going for?

Quote by Quest Master View Post
    right now, I would say anywhere from $45 - $75 depending on which model? the condition, and if it has any special markings, the Republican Guard unit marked helmets will cost more , also unusual helmets with hand painted camo seem to sell higher than the basic unpainted helmets.

the IRAQI M80 helmet seems to be the most common model

IRAQI used steel helmets are less common than the fiber type

the Darth Vadar "FEDAYEEN" helmet is the most valuable IRAQI helmet worth around $500 and up

I heard the supply of these helmets has dried up and not many are comming in the country anymore, I asked recent vets that were in IRAQ recently and they said Iraqi helmets are scarce over there and they didnt see many when they were there.

plus the Iraqis are using the modern K pot type helmets now, the old helmets are still in limited use by security forces.

Wow! Thanks for the info. I'm sure the prices will only climb too. They were free when I was there.

Quote by Quest Master View Post
    Hi Mate.

I recently paid £30.00,from a UK dealer.

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Guys,

Picked this up today South of Hanover of all places.

Nice minty with I presume the owners details but I don't read arabic.

Note the Iraqi Ordance mark, it is quite hard to find things with it on as most of their gear was imported.

Regards.

Jock
    Hi Jock.

Nice one,as Battlegear says,it's a Model 90 , these were home produced,prior to these models,they wore imported South korean models.

I have read before,that the M90's are very fragile ,hence the need for the rubber ring ,about the rim.

If I was standing in a Desert battle, I would not want to wear, one of these, might as well wear a saucepan, probably more protection

Great collectable lids, I reckon these are going to get, fairly rare in a few years time,as the Iraq's are now using PASGT's.

Bit like pokemon,gotta collect em all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast