Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Iraqi Helmets From The First Storage Container Opened...More To Come

Article about: As I detailed in my earlier post, I have a large collection of Iraqi items that were brought-back from Desert Storm and have been packed in storage containers for the last 15 to 20 years. To

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice indeed i would say this hessian covered iraqi helmet is an m80 with the latter m90 rim ,still its very nice and an interesting piece so thanks for showing and regarding the arabic text ive noticed what would seem to be a J on an example of mine so i can only presume it is arabic ,if you have time check out my small iraqi collection ,ive yet to add the gasmasks i have to it though JimmyC's posts | Collectors Weekly
    James:

You are of course correct. My apologies to all. I really do know the difference between the M80 and the rubber rimmed M90 but I composed my post without due consideration. Sorry!

no need to apologise what so ever ,its just all the m90's ive seen are moulded in the light tan plastic ,i have heard rumour of an m92 model of which im yet to see ,keep up the great work showing us your collection ps did you work out the edit function ,its not to hard to navigate just look at the bottom toolbar on your post you want to rework thanks james

And here is the fifth and last helmet from this particular storage container:

I purchased this helmet from the GI who brought it back in '91 along with several duffle bags filled with Iraqi uniforms, web gear, and other helmets that he picked-up.

That's the end of the first container.

Thanks for viewing!

both the Iraqis and the Iranians used the South Korean export M80

the elderly Iranian soldier has one of these helmets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN_sZMzR41w
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-30_230453.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	822557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-30_225328.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	822558  

Quote by War is Peace View Post
    And here is the fifth and last helmet from this particular storage container:

I purchased this helmet from the GI who brought it back in '91 along with several duffle bags filled with Iraqi uniforms, web gear, and other helmets that he picked-up.

That's the end of the first container.

Thanks for viewing!
    well what a fantastic example ,a one off for sure now this one has me confused and contradicts all have learned so far ,i mentioned earlier i thought all m90's were factory moulded in the light tan yet you show a green moulded variation these helmets are always throwing up surprises ,thanks for showing another treasure from your collection

the helmet in the scrap yard south of Baghdad has a very similar marking as this Republican Guard helmet from the Iraqi Militaria Forum, notice the large red triangle and the circular marking or arabic number 5? written in a unusual style? in two sections?

Baghdad Tank Graveyard - australfoto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-03_165517.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	824040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OIF_Iraqi_Helmet_M80_Rep_Gd_75.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	824041  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12