Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IRAQI Kevlar helmet / Slovenian Veplas MPC-1

Article about: here's one of my latest helmet purchases, it's a Slovenian made Veplas MPC-1 the same type as used by IRAQ , it has some faded Arabic writing and still has the dust & dirt of Iraq in the

Default IRAQI Kevlar helmet / Slovenian Veplas MPC-1

here's one of my latest helmet purchases, it's a Slovenian made Veplas MPC-1

the same type as used by IRAQ , it has some faded Arabic writing and still has the dust & dirt of Iraq in the shell

the Iraqi soldier in the first photo is wearing this type of helmet with the rim edging removed.

IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1

very nice addition BG there's no denying its authenticity and well used by the look of it is the edge trim easily removed or glued on, im wondering if its automotive trim as used on one of my daguet french f1's,thanks for showing
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice addition BG there's no denying its authenticity and well used by the look of it is the edge trim easily removed or glued on, im wondering if its automotive trim as used on one of my daguet french f1's,thanks for showing
    Thanks James C, I think the trim has been glued on by the factory, it does look a lot like the car door trim used on your Daguet French F1

I like helmets that have a field used look like this with wear & dirt from field use.

Soldiers of the 4th Battalion 2nd Brigade, 5th Division, stand outside an Iraqi army compound in Buhriz , Jan 31, 2007

IRAQI Kevlar helmet /  Slovenian Veplas MPC-1

some more photos showing the helmet in use by the IRAQI army

A soldier from 4th Battalion, 2nd Brigade, 5th Iraqi Army Division, pulls security before an operation in Abu Karuum, a small farming community three miles southeast of Baqubah, Iraq, May 6. The operation was a joint effort by the Iraqi soldiers and U.S. Soldiers of 1st Squadron, 14th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, from Fort Lewis, Wash., to locate weapons caches and clear the town of insurgents. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Armando Monroig, 5th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment)
    Last edited by battle gear; 06-18-2014 at 08:36 PM.

The edging for the helmet is indeed factory finish, not user-applied - but this is complicated by the fact that there are essentially three generations of this helmet, two of which have the edging, one of which doesn't. The two versions with the edging are easily distinguished by different forms of chinstrap/chinstrap fastener.

To be honest I am not sure where chronologically the edgeless version comes in - I believe (though would not bet money on) that it is the most recent. Though that being said dating these helmets (in fact even just establishing the type designation) isn't straightforward as they rarely have a label that tells anything useful at all. And questions to the manufacturer get no response. Well, in my experience anyway.

I've never even been 100percent certain that its actually called the MPC-1 by the manufacturer; it has also been referred to as the T91, and I don't necessarily believe that either. But as long as we all know what we're talking about it probably doesn't matter that much.

Very cool photos! Thanks for sharing this very interesting helmet!

here is a Iraqi soldier firing an RPK wearing the same model kevlar helmet mfg in Slovenia.

Army Recognition :: View topic - Iraqi soldiers in action

great photo battle gear and confirms your rubber rimmed examples definate use in the post saddam iraq ,not that i doubted its use , im wondering why the klashnikov is so prevelant within the new iraqi army considering the US influence bdu wise i would expect to see m16 a2's
    Regards James

James, my guess is the Kalashnikov is already in the supply system and they make use of what they already have and are familiar with, they also use M16A2's

the ammo supply for Kalashnikov's is also a reason to stick with the AK, probably more common over there

for that type of environment I would choose the Kalashnikov too

the AK is a very reliable rifle to use in harsh dusty desert conditons

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast