Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Iraqi Republican Guard Helmet

Article about: Here's my RG helmet. Just bought this one. Unfortunately the liner is gone. Its named, but very hard to make out, but when I have time, I will try and figure it out. I believe this one to be

?

Default Iraqi Republican Guard Helmet

Here's my RG helmet. Just bought this one. Unfortunately the liner is gone. Its named, but very hard to make out, but when I have time, I will try and figure it out. I believe this one to be from the first Gulf war.

?

Default Re: Iraqi Republican Guard Helmet

Looks like a good helmet, but with these republican guard helmets it up to anyone if this was painted during combat or after to be sold. Many of these were being painted up to be sold to GI during the war. but its so hard to tell the difference. These helmets are starting to get harder to find

thats a nice helmet, did you know the removable webbing from a late US helmet liner also fits these Iraqi helmets?

just find a nice well used one and it will complete your helmet, the Iraqis also used US liners and M1 helmets so it's something they would have used for replacement if they had some extras in the supply

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    thats a nice helmet, did you know the removable webbing from a late US helmet liner also fits these Iraqi helmets?

just find a nice well used one and it will complete your helmet, the Iraqis also used US liners and M1 helmets so it's something they would have used for replacement if they had some extras in the supply
    Yes, I believe these M80's were copies of the WW2 US helmet if i'm not mistaken.

Interesting. Had no idea the Iraqi's used US liners as well. I learn something tonight, thanks!

Samir

The first time I handled one of these I thought to myself "Would I wear this Korean made ballistics lid in combat? "
    My answer was,"Not in this lifetime".I've seen images of these things peeled open like you would'nt believe.
    Good collector pieces poor combat lids.
    Cheers
    Dave

the South Koreans also used the the same helmet known as the M76

http://nuke.combat-helmets.com/Default.aspx?tabid=284

Yes that's correct Battlegear,the Iraqi M80 is a South Korean design I believe.
    Cheap and nasty.

?

Didn't the Iraqis also produce their own version identical to the South Korean version?

Mobruk, I'd like to get my hands on one of these as well someday.

?

Heres a helmet I put a watch on and forgot to bid. Someone stole this one (if I recall) for around $200. If i'm not mistaken this is the Iraqi made version.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast