Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Irish M 27 Vickers Helmet

Article about: Hello Friends, I recently acquired this and thought you might find it interesting. As always, i look forward to your input. Take Care, Mart

Default Irish M 27 Vickers Helmet

Hello Friends,

I recently acquired this and thought you might find it interesting. As always, i look forward to your input.

Take Care,

Mart
    Irish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers HelmetIrish M 27 Vickers Helmet

MAP
    ?

Mart,

A nice find indeed. A rare helmet. Sure you already did your research. Around 10k made, vast majority bulldozed as landfill. Very few examples survived. Most of these were then painted white for civil defence use (forget which).

A good resource site: THE IRISH

A keeper in relatively good condition IMHO. It's all there.

I have one, but it is completely refurbished. A nice complement to have alongside other German helmets. These are extremely light and quite flimsy however.

Mine:

Irish M1927 Helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice piece of Irish history and untouched! Excellent find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

[QUOTE=MAP;1746308]Mart,

A nice find indeed. A rare helmet. Sure you already did your research. Around 10k made, vast majority bulldozed as landfill. Very few examples survived. Most of these were then painted white for civil defence use (forget which).

A good resource site: THE IRISH

A keeper in relatively good condition IMHO. It's all there.

I agree Mike, these are really neat helmets, and to tell you the truth, I like the ones that were repainted white more than the ones that were not reissued (although most collectors want them in the original color with the badge). These are quite rare, nice find Martin. Jim G.

Thank you all for your interest and response, i appreciate it!

Mart

Very nice Example Martin and your helmets individual number is 7591 out of 10k manufactured
    Thanks for sharing

Still a piece I need to add to my collection. Very nice addition to yours Martin