Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Israeli Navy helmet?

Article about: Had this for a year now and been wondering what the thing on the front means, anyone know?

Default Israeli Navy helmet?

Had this for a year now and been wondering what the thing on the front means, anyone know?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Israeli Navy helmet?   Israeli Navy helmet?  

Israeli Navy helmet?  

Default Re: Israeli Navy helmet?

nice helmet , I dont often see them with original markings like this one
    Last edited by battle gear; 07-20-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks Battlegear, Finally know what it was now..I thought someone had just spray painted it on there until now

The red lettering, in Hebrew, states "MEM TZADEH" which are the first two letters for (MISHTARA TSVAIT), Hebrew for military police.

Israeli Military Police

File:IDF Military Police Helmet.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Israeli Navy helmet?Israeli Navy helmet?

hi, I just received a Israeli helmet and the liner appears to be of US origin from the Vietnam war era, but it's been repainted by the Israelis and rewebbed and has flat rivets that look different than usual and it has an Israeli made headband with markings

yes, it looks like they definitely used US liners with Israeli helmets, I also saw a few more at the local surplus store with a mixture of US & Israeli components inside

Do you have any pics yet? I'd be interested to see it

Israeli Navy helmet?Israeli Navy helmet?Israeli Navy helmet?Israeli Navy helmet?Israeli Navy helmet?Israeli Navy helmet?

the paint color is a light flat olive color, notice the flat rivets, I looked inside and I found a "F" mold marking [Firestone] the Israelis used US liners and rewebbed them and added their headbands

I saw another at the surplus store that still had US markings on the liner webbing dated 1967 , but had an Israeli headband

One of my Israeli helmets came with a lner that looks just like that but has mold stamp that is: M 27. is that US style stamp?

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    One of my Israeli helmets came with a lner that looks just like that but has mold stamp that is: M 27. is that US style stamp?
    Yes, your liner is US Vietnam era!

I just checked one of my US made Vietnam helmet liners dated 31 MARCH 1967 and it has a M 25 mold mark inside