Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian M33/47

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors. Here's an M33/47 from my collection, This particular model is in poor condition, the liner is dry and cracked in places,but does have the original leather tie. The leat

?

Default Italian M33/47

Hi Fellow collectors.

Here's an M33/47 from my collection, This particular model is in poor condition, the liner is dry and cracked in places,but does have the original leather tie. The leather appears to be black in colour ,but is actually brown and very aged.

Hopefully the pictures supplied will explain all the details.

The aspect that is puzzling me about this helmet, is the hint of a "sand" coloured paint peeking through the Green paint on the outer shell, does anyone here know why this may be the case?

Is this helmet shell an original WW2 M33 ,reissued with post war parts,I assume not,but cannot think of a reason why is would have been painted Sand at one stage ??

Thanks for looking ,Opex.

Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47

Default Re: Italian M33/47

.: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 933 :. take a look here mate.I think that the war time helmet has a leather chinstrap!

?

Default Re: Italian M33/47

James, I know you are a real fan of period Helmet covers as am I !
    So here it is "mocked" up in an Italian M29 ( 1950's issue) camouflage hood, which was attached to the jacket in the background!

Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47

?

Hi All, Here's another model which I sourced recently, this one as can be seen is in completely unissued condition, which is great to own from the point of view that I have an example that I can safely handle it without fearing it will fall apart in my hands, hope you like it and feel free to comment. Regards Opex.

Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi All, Here's another model which I sourced recently, this one as can be seen is in completely unissued condition, which is great to own from the point of view that I have an example that I can safely handle it without fearing it will fall apart in my hands, hope you like it and feel free to comment. Regards Opex.

Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Italian M33/47
    Wow this one is in good condition!.....

very nice m33's opex ,funny but i would have the liner on the first one down as ww2 period ,im basing this from my own interwar example ,nice work with the cover ,i like very much and now i want one myself for the shelf it makes for a great display with that period coverif you dont mind ill post my two examples from a while back ,i have since sold on the rsi decaled post war one ,the last picture is one i took when we went to paris a few years back ,this display was in the musée de l'Armée ,now theres a museum worth visiting Italian M33/47Italian M33/47Italian M33/47Italian M33/47

?

Wow this one is in good condition!.....

Thanks Gunny, I don't normally go for unused pieces,but I could not resist this one

?

[QUOTE=James C;1136118]very nice m33's opex ,funny but i would have the liner on the first one down as ww2 period ,im basing this from my own interwar example ,nice work with the cover ,i like very much and now i want one myself for the shelf it makes for a great display with that period coverif you dont mind ill post my two examples from a while back ,i have since sold on the rsi decaled post war one ,the last picture is one i took when we went to paris a few years back ,this display was in the musée de l'Armée ,now theres a museum worth visiting

Thanks James, I think it's fair to say the liner in the first picture looks older than it is, and as before is very brittle, the cover (hood) was a temporary thing, as I was playing around with display's. The Italian M29 pattern uniforms are fairly cheap to pick up. I really like your examples, and that museum sounds very exciting I would LOVE to spend some time there!

?

Thought this picture might be a better example of what the hood look's like, whilst there is no evidence these were worn on the M33/47, is as close as I can get to the issued M29 patterned version
    Italian M33/47